Old 08-03-2023, 07:13 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 2

Practice of the Day-
BB pg -63-
Ch 5-How It Works:
(3rd Step Promises)
When we sincerely took such a position, all sorts of remarkable things followed. We had a new Employer. Being all powerful, He provided what we needed, if we kept close to Him and performed His work well. Established on such a footing we became less and less interested in ourselves, our little plans and designs. More and more we became interested in seeing what we could contribute to life. As we felt new power flow in, as we enjoyed peace of mind, as we discovered we could face life successfully, as we became conscious of His presence, we began to lose our fear of today, tomorrow or the hereafter. We were reborn.

-Tom- When my sponsor and I got to this point in the BB he said “you are are Real alcoholic and new to this way of life so your mindset is, what’s in it for me, what am I going to get from doing this 3rd Step?”
I said yeah, that’s exactly what I was thinking. He said “well AA says if you do these things, to the best of your ability, you are guaranteed to get the results that this paragraph is saying.
Do you want any of these results in your Life?”
I said yeah, wasn’t so sure of the foo foo stuff but I was down for some peace of mind, getting what I needed, facing life successfully and losing some of my fears.
He said, “ok then, that means yes, so we will Continue and then you can experience if it’s true or not.”
I told him that “reborn” crap I had already heard about in church and it never happened for me. He said well what does the word mean?
-reborn- Brought back to life or activity.
That definition, I wanted and could wrap my head around.
Today I pray that I stay close to Him and perform His Work well.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote