View Single Post
Old 02-26-2023, 05:56 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 26

Prayer to Accept Change

Just when I thought I had it all figured out, Lord, things change again. When will I be able to rest in the comfort of knowing what comes next?

Empty my heart of anxiety, and fill it instead with wonder and awe. Release me from the chains of complacency, and bind me to your ever-moving Spirit.

When fear of something new paralyzes me, and grief cripples me with anger over the loss of what had been, send your angels to give me a gentle push over that frightening edge into the unknown, so that I may learn to trust in you.
Amen

~ Diana Macalintal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

I can help other alcoholics. I am of some use in the world. I have a purpose in life. I am worth something at last.

My life has a direction and a meaning. All that feeling of futility is gone. I can do something worthwhile. God has given me a new lease on life so that I can help other alcoholics. He has let me live through all the hazards of my alcoholic life to bring me at last to a place of real usefulness in the world. He has let me live for this. This is my opportunity and my destiny.

So ............

I am worth something! Will I give as much of my life as I can to A.A.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Guiding Principle

All of us have our own battles to win, the battle between the material view of life and the spiritual view. Something must guide our lives. Will it be wealth, pride, selfishness, and greed or will it be faith, honesty, purity, unselfishness, love, and service? Each one has a choice. We can choose good or evil. We cannot choose both. Are we going to keep striving until we win the battle? If we win the victory, we can believe that even God in His heaven will rejoice.

Today, I seek to choose the good and resist the evil. Also, I pray that I will not be a loser in the battle for righteousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Room for Improvement

We have come to believe that A.A.'s recovery Steps and Traditions represent the approximate truths which we need for our particular purpose. The more we practice them, the more we like them. So there is little doubt that A.A. principles will continue to be advocated in the form they stand now.
If our basics are so firmly fixed as all this, then what is there left to change or to improve?
The answer will immediately occur to us. While we need not alter our truths, we can surely improve their application to ourselves, to A.A. as a whole, and to our relation with the world around us. We can constantly step up the practice of 'these principles in all our affairs.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come." ~ Joseph Campbell
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote