View Single Post
Old 02-24-2023, 05:22 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 24

Negative Thinking Prayer

Lord,
There are days in life where my thoughts consume me.
I sink to lows I never imagined possible.
My entire being suffers as my thoughts become increasingly negative.
I become depressed and unmotivated.
Lord, come alongside me and give me the strength to endure those days of bad thoughts and mental affliction.
Give me peace of mind to make it through them, and that I can finish those days with faith and confidence.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Alcoholics are people whose drinking got them into a "dead end."

They are always making the same mistakes and suffering the same consequences over and over again. They refuse to admit they're alcoholic. They still think they can handle it themselves. They won't swallow their pride and admit that they're different from ordinary drinkers. They won't face the fact that they must spend the rest of their lives without alcohol. They can't visualize life without ever taking a drink.

So ............

Am I out of this dead end?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Self-Love

There’s a big difference between being self-centered and having self-love. We’re self-centered when we think we don’t need people. We might think, “I’m more important than others.” Being self-centered ends up hurting us.
It makes us lonely. It keeps us from our Higher Power. Alcoholic addiction is about being self-centered.
Recovery and the Twelve Steps are about self-love. If we love ourselves, we say, “We’re all equal and in need of each other.” Self-love includes having good relationships.
It includes trusting that we'll do what is best, with the help of our Higher Power. We must believe in ourselves to trust others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inspiration

At some time, perhaps in a more moderate way, nearly everyone has experienced this spirit touch of God, the fleeting feeling of insight, love, joy, and 'The world is right.' Once, I thought that only unusual circumstances made these moments possible. Actually, I now think, they are forecasts of what one can have if one is willing to take the time and make the effort. Peace, love, and joy can be sought through quiet thinking and honest prayer. The wholeness, the new awareness, that is produced affects one's relationship with God and man to a degree greater than would seem possible in ordinary life.

Came to Believe Page 65

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"For many, negative thinking is a habit which, over time, becomes an addiction." ~ Peter McWilliams
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: