View Single Post
Old 02-23-2023, 05:47 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 23

Prayer for Direction

Lord,
Give me the strength and direction to do the right thing no matter what the consequences may be.
Help me to consider others and not harm them in any way.
Help me to consult with others before I take any actions that would cause me to be sorry.
Help me to not repeat such behaviors.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

In the beginning, you want to get sober.

But you're helpless, so you turn to a Power greater than yourself and by trusting in that Power, you get the strength to stop drinking. From then on, you want to keep sober, and that's a matter of reeducating your mind. After a while, you get so that you really enjoy simple, healthy, normal living. You really get a kick out of life without the artificial stimulus of alcohol. All you have to do is to look around at the members of any A.A. group and you will see how their outlook has changed.

So ............

Is my outlook on life changing?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Appreciating Our Past

It is easy to be negative about past mistakes and unhappiness. But it is much more healing to look at ourselves and our past in the light of experience, acceptance, and growth. Our past is a series of lessons that advance us to higher levels of living and loving.

The relationships we entered, stayed in, or ended taught us necessary lessons. Our mistakes? Necessary. Our frustrations, failures, and sometimes-stumbling attempts at growth and progress? Necessary too.Each step of the way, we learned. We went through exactly the experiences we needed to, to become who we are today. Each step of the way, we progressed.

I need to let go of negative thoughts I may be harboring about my past circumstances or relationships. I can accept, with gratitude, all that has brought me to today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Book

By 1937, some of us realized that AA needed a standard literature. There would have to be a book. .
Well, we did quarrel violently over the preparation and distribution of that AA Book. In fact, it took five years for the clamor to die down.
Should any AA's dream that the old-timers who put the Book together went about in serene meditation and white robes, then they had best forget it.
The inspiration that readers now say they find in the volume must have got there by the grace of God only!

The Language of the Heart Page 33

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Big things are built one brick at a time. Victories are achieved one choice at a time. A life well lived is chosen one day at a time.” ~ Lysa TerKeurst
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: