View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 06:27 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 18

Prayer For Peace Of Mind

Dear God,
Please give me peace of mind and heart, discipline and organization skills in my life. Please help me be the best person I can be. Rid my heart of all feelings of envy and of resentment. Help me reach my goals and dreams. Help me stop losing sleep over things I can’t control and over people that have offended me.

Lord, also please help me become an organized and disciplined person; I know that much of my stress will go away if I can learn those two very important life skills. Thank you for all the blessings you give me.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

It doesn't do much good to come to meetings only once in a while and sit around, hoping to get something out of the program.

That's all right at first, but it won't help us very long. Sooner or later we have to get into action by coming to meetings regularly, by giving a personal witness of our experience with alcohol, and by trying to help other alcoholics. Building a new life takes all the energy that we used to spend on drinking.

So ............

Am I spending at least as much time and effort on the new life that I'm trying to build in A.A.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

All We Have Is Now

We can only live now, this moment. We cannot erase the mistakes we made yesterday or bring back the good times we had. We cannot know what tomorrow will require of us, nor can we ensure future security and happiness. Now is what we have, and now is everything.

We can deal with the problems, which confront us today as best we can, trusting God to guide us. We can be in touch with our Higher Power only in the present. As we focus on the present moment, we live it deeper, and we derive a satisfaction that we did not know when we were regretting the past and worrying about the future. Whatever happens now is all I can manage and all I need.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fear

This short word somehow touches about every aspect of our lives. It was an evil and corroding thread; the fabric of our existence was shot through with it. It set in motion trains of circumstances which brought us misfortune we felt we didn't deserve. But did not we, ourselves, set the ball rolling? Sometimes we think fear ought to be classed with stealing. It seems to cause more trouble.

Alcoholics Anonymous Pages 67- 68.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them." ~ Joshua Liebman
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: