View Single Post
Old 01-07-2023, 02:40 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 7

Prayer to Restore

Lord,
Replace the tension within me with relaxation.
Replace the turbulence within me with calm.
Replace the anxiety within me with a quiet confidence.
Replace the fear within me with a strong faith.
Replace the bitterness within me with the sweetness.
Replace the darkness within me with a glowing light.
Replace the coldness within me with gentle warmth.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We had become hopelessly sick people; spiritually, emotionally, and physically.

The power that controlled us was greater than ourselves--it was alcoholic drinking. Many drinkers have said: "I hadn't gone that far; I hadn't lost my job on account of drink; I still had my family; I managed to keep out of jail. True, I took too much sometimes and I guess I managed to make quite an a$$ of myself when I did, but I still thought I could control my drinking. I didn't really believe that I was an alcoholic."

So ............

If I was one of these, have I fully changed my mind?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Help

Often in the past, we acted like we didn't need anyone. It takes courage to let others help us.
As we get better, our courage grows. We invite people into our lives. We help others, and we let others help us.
We will learn to let others help us if we work our program. Why? Because we need others to stay sober. When we have a problem, we talk about it in our group. When we need a shoulder to cry on, we call a friend or our sponsor. Over time, our relationships become one of the biggest rewards of recovery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Open Mind

To get sober and to stay sober, all you really need is a truly open mind. Just resign from the debating society and quit bothering yourself with such deep questions as whether it was the hen or the egg that came first. Again I say, all you need is the open mind.

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Page 26

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

“We are not always aware of the help we may give by accepting aid, that in this way we may establish a foothold for contact.” ~ Finn Carling

“Accepting help is its own kind of strength.” ~ Kiera Cass
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: