View Single Post
Old 12-11-2022, 03:36 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 11

Prayer for Facing This Day

Dear God,
Please give me strength when I am weak, love when I feel forsaken, courage when I am afraid,
wisdom when I feel foolish, comfort when I am alone, hope when I feel rejected,
and peace when I am in turmoil.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Today, I am less self-centered.

The world used to revolve around me at the center.
I cared more about my own needs, desires and my own pleasure, my own way, myself than I did about the whole rest of the world. What happened to me was more important than anything else I could think of. I was selfishly trying to be happy and therefore I was unhappy most of the time. I have found that selfishly seeking pleasure does not bring true happiness. Thinking of myself all the time cuts me off from the best in life. A.A. taught me to care less about myself and more about the other person.

So ............

Today, am I less self-centered?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Living Life

Living means facing all of life. Life is joy and sorrow. We used to be people who wanted joy without sorrow. But we can learn from hard times, maybe more than we do in easy times. Often, getting through hard times helps us grow. When things get tough, maybe we want to turn and run. Then, a gentle voice from within us says, “I am with you. You have friends who will help.” If we listen, we’ll hear our Higher Power. This is what is meant by “conscious contact” in Step eleven. As this conscious contact grows, our courage grows. And we find the strength to face hard times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life on Life's Terms

For years, I was sure the worst thing that could happen to a nice guy like me would be that I would turn out to be an alcoholic. Today, I find it's the best thing that has ever happened to me. This proves I don't know what's good for me. And if I don't know what's good for me, then I don't know what's good or bad for you or for anyone. So I'm better off if I don't give advice, don't figure I know what's best, and just accept life on life's terms, as it is today--especially my own life, as it actually is. Before AA, I judged myself by my intentions, while the world was judging me by my actions.

Alcoholics Anonymous Pages 449-450

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

“The thing we all had in common wasn’t muscle; it was the will to do whatever it takes.” ~ Chris Kyle

“Do not ask the Lord to guide your footsteps if you are not willing to move your feet.” ~ Suzanne Woods Fisher
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: