View Single Post
Old 12-09-2022, 05:14 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 9

New Day Prayer

Lord, I place today in Your hands and trust You to direct my day until I place my head back onto my pillow of sleep. I ask that whether in busyness or in quietude, Your will be done. Whether I am surrounded by crowds of people or remain in the solitude of my own company, I ask that You would be there to direct. I pray that the words of my mouth and the meditations of my inner being, would be pleasing and acceptable to You throughout today, and may Your will be done.
Amen.

From a Prayer by Jim Witherspoon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We finally came to the bottom.

We did not have to be financially broke, although many of us were. But we were spiritually bankrupt. We had a soul-sickness, a revulsion against ourselves and against our way of living. Life had become impossible for us. We had to end it all or do something about it.

So ............

Am I glad I did something about it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Blaming

Are we blamers? We sure were blamers when we were using alcohol. Then everything was someone's fault. Some of us did our blaming out loud. And some of us silently blamed others.
It's harder to praise than to blame people. Faults stand out like street
signs, but the good things about people may be harder to see. We can see the good in people when we slow down, watch, and listen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Feeling Alone

And what can be said of many A.A. members who, for a variety of reasons, cannot have a family life? At first many of these feel lonely, hurt, and left out as they witness so much domestic happiness about them. If they cannot have this kind of happiness, can A.A. offer them satisfactions of similar worth and durability? Yes--whenever they try hard to seek them out. Surrounded by so many A.A. friends, these so-called loners tell us they no longer feel alone. In partnership with others--women and men--they can devote themselves to any number of ideas, people, and constructive projects. Free of marital responsibilities, they can participate in enterprises which would be denied to family men and women. We daily see such members render prodigies of service, and receive great joys in return.

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Page 120

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"I now see how owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we will ever do." ~ Brene Brown
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: