View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 05:12 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 8

A Three Step Morning Prayer

First Step: Plant your feet firmly on the earth. Using your five senses, give thanks to our Creator God for the countless ways God comes to us through creation- for all the beauty that your eyes see, for all the sounds that your ears ear, for all the scents that you smell, the tastes that you taste, for all that you feel (the sun, wind, rain, snow, warm, or cold). Pray this day that you may be open and attuned to the countless ways that our Creator God comes to us through your senses, through the gifts of creation.
Second Step: Let go of all the pain, struggle, regret, failures, garbage of yesterday - step out of it - leave it behind- brush the dust of it from your feet.
Third Step: With this third and final step, step into the gift of the new day, full of hope, promise, and potential. Give thanks for the gift of this new day, which God has made!
Amen.

~ Jose Hobday
(A Native American Prayer)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Before coming to A.A., I always had excuses for taking a drink:

"She said . . . , " "He said . . . ," "I got fired yesterday," "I got a great job today." No area of my life would be good if I drank again. In sobriety my life gets better each day. I must always remember not to drink, to trust God, and to stay active in A.A.

So ............

Am I putting anything before my sobriety, God, and A.A. today?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Freedom

Sobriety is freedom. With this freedom, we have a responsibility to help other alcoholics who still suffer. The program tells us this in Step Twelve. We do this by telling our stories and offering hope.
We must be ready to care, to give ourselves. This is what spirituality is about. When we help others, we prepare the road for those who enter the program after us.
Tradition Five of the Twelve Traditions says, “Each group has but one primary purpose---to carry its message to the alcoholic who still suffers.” It means we get better by helping others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Give Thanks

Though I still find it difficult to accept today's pain and anxiety with any great degree of serenity--as those more advanced in the spiritual life seem able to do--I can give thanks for present pain nevertheless.

I find the willingness to do this by contemplating the lessons learned from past suffering--lessons which have led to the blessings I now enjoy. I can remember how the agonies of alcoholism, the pain of rebellion and thwarted pride, have often led me to God's grace, and so to a new freedom.

As Bill Sees It Page 266

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable." ~ Denis Waitley
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: