View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 06:15 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 2

Prayer For New Perspective

Lord, some days my world seems to be spinning out of control. Everywhere I look, I see chaos—even in my own life. There are days where I long to just "throw in the towel."

Lord, give me a new perspective and blow away the cobwebs that keep cluttering my mind and my vision. Every time I'm tempted to become discouraged or depressed because of negative events or situations, help me to gain that new perspective.

With your perspective, I can push past the impossible and find the strength and courage to believe that no matter what happens, your hope will lift me to a higher plane—where joy and purpose reign again.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

When we were drinking most of us were full of pride and selfishness.

We believed we could handle our own affairs, even though we were making a mess of our lives. We were very stubborn and didn't like to take advice. We resented being told what to do. To us, humility looked like weakness. But when we came into A.A., we began to be humble. And we found out that humility gave us the power we needed to overcome drinking.

So ............

Have I learned that there is power in humility?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Trust

Happiness

Most of us want to be happy. We just don't know how. We aren't sure what happiness is. We've learned the hard way that some things we wanted didn't make us happy. We're learning that happiness comes when we live the way our Higher Power wants us to live. That's when we’re honest. When we do our best work. When we are true friends. We make happiness; we don't find it. Sometimes we don't even know we're happy. We're too busy with our work, our recovery program, our friends and family. We need to slow down and know that when we do what we need to, happiness comes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tolerance

Finally, we begin to see that all people, including ourselves, are to some extent emotionally ill as well as frequently wrong. When this happens, we approach true tolerance and we see what real love for our fellows actually means.

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Page 92

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Let your dreams be bigger than your fears, your actions louder than your words, and your faith stronger than your feelings.” ~ Unknown Author
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: