View Single Post
Old 11-13-2022, 05:15 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 13

Prayer for Good Health and Strength

Lord,
Bless me and my family with good health and physical strength.
Give me inner strength to battle the evil effects of depression, loneliness, unworthiness, and hopelessness.
Please guide us to find peace, happiness, and joy in our lives and within ourselves.”
Amen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

In A.A. we find fellowship and release and strength.

After having found these things, the real reasons for our drinking are taken away. Then drinking has no more justification in our minds. We no longer need to fight against drinking alcoholically. The need to drink just naturally leaves us. At first, we are sorry that we can't drink, but we get so that we are glad that we don't have to drink.

So ............

Am I glad that I don't have to drink?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Hate

Hate is like an illness. It steals our hope, our love, our relationships. Hate puts distance between people. Hate can give us a false sense of power. Do I use hate to make myself feel important?
Our program tells us to let go of hate. Hate and sobriety don't mix. Hate doesn't let us connect with our Higher Power.
Ours is a program of love and respect. We're taught that if someone treats us wrong, we still should be respectful in our response. Why? Because we're changed by our actions. If we act with hate, we become hateful. If we act in a respectful way, we become respectable.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pain-Killer

I believe that when we were active alcoholics, we drank mostly to kill pain of one kind or another--physical or emotional or psychic. Of course, everybody has a cracking point, and I suppose you reached yours--hence, the resort once more to the bottle.

If I were you, I wouldn't heap devastating blame on myself for this; on the other hand, the experience should redouble your conviction that alcohol has no permanent value as a pain-killer.

As Bill Sees It Page 291

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"The hardest thing in life is to forgive. But hate is self-destructive. If you hate somebody, you're not hurting the person you hate, you're hurting yourself. Forgiveness is healing." ~ Louis Zamperini
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: