View Single Post
Old 11-12-2022, 06:32 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 12

Prayer for Self-Control

Lord,
I’m asking you to help me think before I speak and to think before I act.
Infuse me with the self-discipline I need to walk in your ways, not my own.
Help me Lord to control my thoughts, my words and my actions.
Let me honor the pause, before I choose to respond.
Strengthen me to resist temptation and choose your best for me.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

No one is too discredited, nor has sunk too low, to be welcomed cordially into A.A.

Social distinctions, petty rivalries and jealousies are laughed out of countenance. Being wrecked in the same vessel, being restored and united, with hearts and minds attuned to the welfare of others, the things which matter so much to some people no longer signify much to us. In A.A., we have true democracy and true brotherhood.

So ............

Has A.A. taught me to be truly democratic?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Remember

Do you remember what it was like to not have sobriety? Remember the shame? Remember loneliness? Remember lying and wishing you could stop? Remember the powerlessness?
Do you remember, also, how it felt when you began to believe you had an illness? Your shame was lifted. Remember what it was like to look around at your meeting and know you belonged? Your loneliness was lifted. Remember when your family started to trust you again? Your dishonesty has been lifted. Sobriety gives us many roses. Our memory will help to keep them fresh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That First Drink

After that first drink, we had a single-track mind. It was like a railroad train. The first drink started it off and it kept going on the single track until it got to the end of the line, drunkenness.

We knew this would happen when we sat down at a bar to have the first drink, but still we couldn't keep away from liquor. Our will-power was gone. We had become helpless and hopeless before the power of alcohol. It's not the second drink or the tenth drink that does the damage. It's the first drink.

Will I ever take that first drink again?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Changing is what people do when they have no options left." ~ Holly Black
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: