View Single Post
Old 11-08-2022, 05:13 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 8

Prayer To Be Me

Dear God,
Give me the courage to be myself.
I’m always trying to be what others expect of me.
I’m wasting time and energy pleasing everyone but myself.
I’m not even very good at it.
Help me appreciate the best parts of being me.
Show me how to love myself so I can say with confidence:
I am very happy to be me.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Before I met A.A. I was very dishonest.

I lied to my wife constantly about where I had been and what I'd been doing. I took time off from the office and pretended I'd been sick or gave some other dishonest excuse. I was dishonest with myself, as well as with other people. I would never face myself as I really was or admit when I was wrong. I pretended to myself that I was as good as the next fellow, although I suspected I wasn't.

So ............

Am I now really honest?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Truth

Recovery teaches us to tell the truth. We must be honest if we want to save our lives. We must learn to speak with care---care for ourselves and for others. To be honest means to speak in a fair and truthful way. To be honest and loving means learning when to speak, and how to speak, in a caring way. We can help others by honestly telling them what we think and feel and see---but only when we do this with love. We must be careful when we speak. Speaking the truth is like using a sharp knife---it can be used for good, or it can be used to hurt others. We should never handle it carelessly or use it to hurt someone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moral Code

If a mere code of morals or a better philosophy of life were to overcome alcoholism, many of us would have recovered long ago. But we found that such codes and philosophies did not save us, no matter how much we tried. We could wish to be moral, we could wish to be philosophically comforted, in fact, we could will these things with all our might, but the needed power wasn't there. Our human resources, as marshaled by the will, were not sufficient; they failed utterly.

Alcoholics Anonymous Pages 44-45

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.” ~ Douglas Adams
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: