View Single Post
Old 11-04-2022, 06:45 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 4

Letting Go Disappointments Prayer

Lord,
Please help me to let go of all the disappointments of the past and to forgive those that have hurt and disappointed me so deeply. Keep me from all bitterness Lord. I know that I am holding resentment in my heart, and that this is destructive to my own peace.

I am finding forgiveness very difficult. Help me I pray; I know in my heart that forgiveness is a choice that I have to make. Help me to make the right choice. Help me to choose to let forgiveness flood my heart, so that I am not nursing grievances within, and so that healing of my own heart can start to take place.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

I can be free of my old enslaving self.

After a while I recognize, and believe in, the good within myself. I see that I have been loved back to recovery by my Higher Power, who envelops me. My Higher Power becomes that source of love and strength that is performing a continuing miracle in me.

So ............

I am sober . . . . and I am grateful?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Perspective

We do not always know why things are happening the way they are. We do not always know how a particular relationship will work out. We do not always understand the source of our feelings, why we've been led down a particular path.

Today, I will let things happen without trying to figure everything out. If clarity is not available to me today, I will trust it to come later, in retrospect. I will put simple trust in the truth that all is well, events are unfolding as they should, and all will work out for good in my life - better than I can imagine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amends to Others

The people most affected by our disease were undoubtedly the members of our own family. Then came our closest friends, if we had any left. These people were directly affected by our negative moods and by our withdrawal.

Making amends is sometimes embarrassing and often difficult. It involves much pride swallowing. A simple, sincere apology may be all that is necessary. There may be concrete acts, which we can perform. As with making amends to ourselves, the best way we can make up for the hurt we have caused to family and friends is by abstaining from alcohol. As we abstain, we reach out to those around us instead of withdrawing. Our own sanity is the best gift we can give to others.

~~ From the writings of Cristina Ferrare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

“One small positive thought can change your whole day.” ~ Zig Ziglar

“You cannot have a positive life and a negative mind.” ~ Joyce Meyer
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: