View Single Post
Old 10-10-2022, 05:57 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 10

Prayer for Temptations

Lord ,
I pray that you will give me a renewed sense of strength and peace when I wake up each morning.
I pray that I will be more aware of your guidance and more aware of the direction you want me to go each day.
I pray that I will be more aware of the POWER you have given me today to overcome obstacles and temptations.
And I pray that you will give me the understanding of how to access that POWER more fully than I have been able to do previously.

Lord, I ask that you give me a feeling of joy and a feeling of freshness as I awaken to a new day.
Show me the opportunities you are putting before me.
Warn me of the traps that I will encounter along my path.
I will be more thankful today for little blessings than I have been previously.
And I will yield myself today and follow you more closely than I have previously.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

When I came into A.A., I came into a new world.

A sober world. A world of sobriety, peace, serenity, and happiness. But I know that if I take just one drink, I'll go right back into that old world. That alcoholic world. That world of drunkenness, conflict, and misery. That alcoholic world is not a pleasant place for an alcoholic to live in. Looking at the world through the bottom of a whiskey glass is no fun after you've become an alcoholic.

So ............

Do I want to go back to that alcoholic world?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Feelings

Life is full of feelings. We can be happy, sad, mad, scared. These feelings can come and go quickly. Or we may hang on to them. As recovering alcoholics, we used to hang on to feelings that made us feel bad. We let them make a "nest" in our hair. We used our feelings as an excuse to drink. Now we're learning to hang on to our good feelings. We can let go of anger, hurt, and fear. We can shoo away the birds of sadness and welcome the birds of happiness.

"You cannot prevent the birds of sadness from passing over your head, but you can prevent their making their nest in your head." ~ Chinese proverb

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The First Drink

The fact is that most alcoholics, for reasons yet obscure, have lost the power of choice in drink. Our so-called will power becomes practically nonexistent. We are unable, at certain times, to bring into our consciousness with sufficient force the memory of the suffering and humiliation of even a week or a month ago. We are without defense against the first drink.

The almost certain consequences that follow taking even a glass of beer do not crowd into the mind to deter us. If these thoughts occur, they are hazy and readily supplanted with the old threadbare idea that this time we shall handle ourselves like other people. There is a complete failure of the kind of defense that keeps one from putting his hand on a hot stove.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 24

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"A man never discloses his own character so clearly as when he describes another's." ~ Johann Paul Richter
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: