View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 05:41 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 5

Prayer For Strength

Lord, please strengthen our hearts, and remind us to encourage one another when the troubles of life start to overwhelm us.
Please guard our hearts from depression. Give us the strength to rise up each day and fight against the struggles which seek to weigh us down.
Amen.

~ John Barnett

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

In taking a personal inventory of ourselves, we have to face facts as we really are.

We have to stop running away. We must face reality. We must see ourselves as we really are. We must admit our faults openly and try to correct them. We must try to see where we have been dishonest, impure, selfish, and unloving. We do not do this once and forget it. We do it every day of our lives, as long as we live. We are never done with checking up on ourselves.

So ............

Am I taking a daily inventory of myself ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Urgency

One thing at a time. That's all we have to do. Not two things at once, but one thing done in peace.
One task at a time. One feeling at a time. One day at a time. One problem at a time. One step at a time. One pleasure at a time.

Relax. Let go of urgency. Begin calmly now. Take one thing at a time. See how everything works out?

I will peacefully approach one thing at a time. When in doubt, I will take first things first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guard Against A Slip

Suppose we fall short of our chosen ideals and stumble? Does this mean we are going to get drunk? Some people tell us so. But this is only a half-truth.

It depends on us and on our motives. If we are sorry for what we have done, and have the honest desire to let God take us to better things, we believe we will be forgiven and will have learned our lesson. If we are not sorry, and our conduct continues to harm others, we are quite sure to drink. These are facts out of our experience.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 70

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Recovery is something that you have to work on every single day and it’s something that doesn’t get a day off.” ~ Demi Lovato
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: