View Single Post
Old 06-29-2022, 06:38 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 29

Prayer for Happiness in Life

Let me awaken each morning with hope for everything that the world has to offer.
Help me so that I can discover peace, prosperity, and happiness in life.
Guide me to find joy in each day and appreciate the beauty of your creation.
Teach me how to touch each soul I meet and be thankful for every person in my life.
Teach me how to see a happy life in all of its infinite varieties.
Help me to find happiness in every moment as I go through each day.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We're in A.A. for two main reasons: to keep sober ourselves and to help others to find sobriety.

It's a well-known fact that helping others is a big part of keeping yourself sober. It's also been proven that it's very hard to keep sober all by yourself. A lot of people have tried it and failed. They come to a few A.A. meetings and then stay sober alone for a few months, but usually they eventually get drunk.

So ............

Do I know that I can't stay sober successfully alone?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Right Action

A principle is sometimes defined as a fundamental guide to action. The more mature we become, the more likely it is that we'll work from principles rather than blind feelings.
The principles outlined in the Twelve Steps are good guides for mature living. They call for honesty in motive, fair and considerate treatment of others, and reliance on our Higher Power throughout each day.

As we continue on such a path, we will outgrow the childish selfishness and reactions that were so destructive in our old lives. We will be viewed by others as mature, responsible, reliable people.
We also grow into maturity by acting according to sound principles even when we don't always feel like it. Whatever our feelings might be at any given moment, we can choose actions that are sound and constructive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guidance

Walk day by day in the path of spiritual progress. If you persist, remarkable things will happen. When we look back, we realize that the things which came to us when we put ourselves in God's hands were better than anything we could have planned. Follow the dictates of a Higher Power and you will presently live in a new and wonderful world, no matter what your present circumstances!

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 100

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"One of the greatest sources of insecurity and frustration is our tendency to try and change things that we don't have any control of." ~ Ryan Help

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: