View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 05:02 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 26

Prayer To Forgive Others

Lord,
I want to forgive others, but there seems to be a sort of blockage that is causing me to hold fast to my anger and hurt.
Please would You help me to forgive fully, freely and forever so that I may be released from this sharp pain of unforgiveness, which seems to be holding my heart in an icy, iron grip.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

In A.A. we find a new strength and peace.

We start to realize that there must be a Power greater than ourselves that is running the universe and that is on our side when we live a good life. So the A.A. program really never ends. We begin by overcoming alcohol and go on from there to many new opportunities for happiness and usefulness.

So ............

Am I really enjoying the full benefits of A.A.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Growth

Humility is often used in the context of being honest enough to admit one's faults, but it also means being teachable. The truly humble person realizes there's always more to learn and is open to such learning.

If we think we have humility, we usually don't. However, we can look back and recognize times when we made wonderful progress while being deeply humble. This was particularly true when we recognized our alcoholism and achieved sobriety. In this one action, we changed our lives. If we continue to practice the honesty, open-mindedness, and willingness that helped get us sober, these traits will be apparent in other areas of our lives. Though humility isn't generally sought as a way of life, it's the right way for recovering people.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First Things First

Using "First Things First," we have found it helpful to concentrate first on sobriety alone, steering clear of any risky emotional entanglements.
Immature or premature liaisons are crippling to recovery.
Only after we have had time to mature somewhat beyond merely not drinking are we equipped to relate maturely to other people.

Living Sober Page 62

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.' ~ Bryant H. McGill
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: