View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 05:46 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 24

Let Go of The Past Prayer

Lord,
I pray that in Your mercy and kindness You would help me to simply let go of all the fears and worries, problems and doubts, guilt and disappointments that seem to be filling my heart and mind so often, during the course of a day.

Fill my hurting soul with Your love and peace I pray. Fill the emptiness and pain that is tearing my life asunder. Lord, You know what is in my heart and why I am going through this time of fear and worry. Help me Lord, to take every thought captive, to hand it over to You as it rears up in my mind, and help me to replace it with your peace and love.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We have been given a new life, just because we happened to become alcoholics.

We certainly don't deserve the new life that has been given us. There is little in our past to warrant the life we have now. Many people live good lives from their youth on, not getting into serious trouble, being well adjusted to life, and yet they have not found all that we alcoholics have found. We had the good fortune to find Alcoholics Anonymous and with it a new life. We are among the lucky few in the world who have learned a new way of life.

So ............

Am I deeply grateful for the new life that I have learned in A.A.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Happiness

For a long time, we didn't really laugh. It's surprising when we think about it: We hadn't really laughed for so long . . . we almost forgot how good we could feel. It feels so good to laugh again!

Now our spirits come more alive each day. Now we feel what alcohol stuffed deep inside us. Pain, fear and anger come up. But so do happiness and joy, thankfulness and a sense of humor. In early recovery, we work through the hard feelings. As we grow in the program, we have more and more room for happiness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Leap of Faith

We needed to ask ourselves but one short question.
"Do I now believe, or am I even willing to believe, that there is a Power greater than myself?"
As soon as a man can say that he does believe, or is willing to believe, we emphatically assure him that he is on his way.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 47

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way things turn out." ~ Art Linkletter
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: