View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 11:10 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Wisdom Of The Rooms - 2022

January 3

Quote of the Week

"Did God introduce me to the program, or did the program introduce me to God?"

In the beginning of my sobriety, I spent a lot of time resenting that I had to go to all those meetings and do all that work. “Why do I have to go to ninety meetings in ninety days?” “Why do I have to write another inventory?” “Why do I have to make a Fourth Step list of resentments, and why, especially, do I have to look at my part?” “Why can’t I just lead a normal life?” I cried. It took quite a while before the answer became clear.

What I finally realized was that all this work was part of the spiritual path I was on that led to a relationship with God, as I came to understand Him. All the work I had to go through was necessary because it enabled me to let go of my old self, and so become open to the healing and loving presence of a Higher Power. The freedom, the serenity, and the ability to live life on life’s terms are the gifts of the indescribable miracle I found through recovery.

Today, whenever I find it inconvenient to keep going to meetings, or if I become resentful that I’m still an alcoholic, I ask myself, If the program was the only way I would have found God, would I have chosen to be an alcoholic? My answer is a resounding yes! Today, I’m one of those people who identify in meetings as a grateful alcoholic. It no longer matters whether God introduced me to the program or if the program introduced me to God. All that is important is that I found Him.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links