to fight and not to heed the wounds;
to toil and not to seek to rest;
to labour and to ask for no reward
save that of knowing I do your will.
Amen.

~ Jacques Sevin, SJ (1887-1951)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

When we came into A.A., we came to believe in a Power greater than ourselves.

We came to believe in that Divine Principle in the universe which we call God, and to whom we could turn for help. Each morning we have a quiet time. We ask God for the power to stay sober for the next twenty-four hours. And each night we thank Him for helping us to keep sober for that day.

So ............

Do I believe that each man or woman I see in A.A. is a demonstration of the power of God to change a human being from a drunkard to a sober person?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Releasing the Past

Today the world faces seemingly insurmountable problems with solid and liquid waste. Communities struggle to find solutions as waste accumulates and space for disposal sites grows scarce.

As recovering people, we have a similar problem with waste residues from our past. We don't seem to be able to bury bad memories; like the physical waste in the environment, they come back to poison us. The best answer is to use waste, not throw it away. Instead of trying to bury the past, let's keep it in view but let it be purified by the sunlight of honesty and humility. By admitting past wrongs and forgiving everyone involved.... including ourselves..... We turn waste into useful experience. Nature can do this with much physical waste, over time. We can also let our spiritual nature do that with the emotional and mental waste of our past.

I'll realize that every past mistake and experience can be properly utilized today for something good and uplifting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 12 Steps Will

When the 12 Steps are applied – and practiced, they will:

a. Remove the mental obsession with alcohol.
b. Eliminate the emotional compulsion to drink
c. Produce a personality change – necessary for recovery
d. Produce a new attitude and outlook on life
e. Assist me to maintain emotional balance
f. Assist me to achieve emotional security – a life without fear
g. Help me to gain and grow in emotional maturity
h. Assist me to lead a useful life with purpose
i. Help me clean up the wreckage of the past
j. Assist me to have and maintain healthy positive relationships in my life
k. Produce peace and serenity in my life
l. Provide a way for me to be happy and sober
m. Be a Daily Design For Living, so that I can stay happy and sober
n. And, much, much more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"You are human, you will make mistakes, and it's one of the most beautiful things about being human, but you must learn from your mistakes, otherwise your life will have a lot of unnecessary pain." ~ Rhonda Byrne
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: