View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 05:03 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

October 2

Pride Prayer

Lord, it’s hard to admit, but I need to be right. I just know if I explain my way one more time with one more example, the other person will see my side. But the more I push my view, the more my words and actions destroy my relationships.

Remind me that relationships are more important than who’s right and who’s wrong. Tell me to back off when I can’t seem to pull the plug on my pride. Cover my frustration with patience. I need to put putting things into perspective and understand what doesn’t really matter. Please help me to regain my prospective.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We share a common illness and a common cure.

Abstinence is possible as we share it with each other. The program works as we work it together. Each of us is an individual, but we function best with the support of the group. If we neglect to go to meetings and make phone calls, we cut ourselves off from the strength and inspiration we need.
Our Higher Power works through each of us as we share what we have been given.

So ............

Did we achieve and maintain abstinence by ourselves?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Limitations

God has created this world with variety and we all have different gifts. Some people make music, others write stories and many are practical at home or in industry. We need to understand what gifts and skills we have and develop them.

It is both fruitless and negative to spend our time complaining that we are not like other people --- or are without their talents. Such an attitude stops us from discovering our own creative talents. We are so busy comparing ourselves with others that we miss our own uniqueness.

Today I enjoy discovering more about me and the abundant gifts that God has freely given to me. What about you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Kinship of Common Suffering

Newcomers are approaching A.A. at the rate of tens of thousands yearly. They represent almost every belief and attitude imaginable. We have atheists and agnostics. We have people of nearly every race, culture and religion. In A.A. we are supposed to be bound together in the kinship of a common suffering. Consequently, the full individual liberty to practice any creed or principle or therapy whatever should be a first consideration for us all. Let us not, therefore, pressure anyone with our individual or even our collective views. Let us instead accord each other the respect and love that is due to every human being as he tries to make his way toward the light. Let us always try to be inclusive rather than exclusive; let us remember that each alcoholic among us is a member of A.A., so long as he or she so declares.

~~ Bill W. (A.A. Grapevine, July 1965)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"If you see anything in yourself which may make you proud, look a little further, and you will find enough to make you humble." ~ Wellins Calcott

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: