View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 04:04 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 14

Prayer For Energy & Strength

Lord,
I pray for myself and others who are feeling tired or empty.
Help us not to complain amidst our weakness.
Restore our minds so that we can still function properly.
Give our bodies the energy needed to get through each day.
Please also help us to manage our time so that we will get the rest we need.
Help us to prune things that are hard to let go of that suck the energy from us.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We in A.A. are offering a wonderful program.

When we learn to turn to a Higher Power, with faith that that Power can give us the strength we need, we find peace of mind. When we re-educate our minds by learning to think differently, we find new interests that make life worthwhile. We who have achieved sobriety through faith in God and mental re-education are modern miracles. It is the function of our A.A. program to produce modern miracles.

So ............

Do I consider the change in my life a modern miracle?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Attitude

Some of us never liked close competition. We preferred to be clear winners or not to compete at all. We didn't like to have competitors breathing down our necks.

This attitude kept us from doing our best, and we made a mistake when we thought we were competing with others. We're actually competing with ourselves at all times, trying to do better than we did yesterday. The presence of other people only helps us to set performance standards and goals.

Once we accept the idea of self-improvement, we can delight in competition. We can take satisfaction in situations where, though we were not number one, we came in a close second instead of a sullen last.

I'll know today that I'm always working with others but only competing against myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Time

And what is time to me now? It is a most precious asset.
I have the luxury of being able to cherish the memory of yesterday, to live today with serenity, to wait for tomorrow. I find contentment in just knowing where I was and where I am. And I am grateful; grateful for the existence of Alcoholics Anonymous; grateful to my God for leading me to the doors of AA and to Himself, grateful for hope.
I am grateful for this minute. My eternity may be in it.

The Best of the Grapevine [Vol. 2] Page 21

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Just as we experience joy in caring for others, they experience joy in caring for us.” ~~ Linda Nocks Shah

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: