bluidkiti
Administrator

September 13

Lord, For Today

Be with me Lord.
Be the patience when I'm frustrated.
Be the endurance when I am tired.
Be the wisdom when I am uncertain.
Be the inspiration when I'm out of ideas.
Be the peacemaker when I feel hurt.
Be the comforter when I feel overwhelmed.
Be the energy when I am weary.
Be the guide when I am confused.
Be the forgiver when I get it wrong.
Be with me Lord, today.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

On a dark night, the bright lights of the corner tavern looked mighty inviting.

Inside, there seems to be warmth and good cheer. But we don't stop to think that if we go in there we'll probably end up drunk, with our money spent and an awful hangover. A long mahogany bar in the tropical moonlight looks like a very gay place. But you should see the place the next morning. The chairs are piled on the tables and the place stinks of stale beer and cigarette stubs. And often we are there too, trying to cure the shakes by gulping down straight whiskey.

So ............

Can I look straight through the night before and see the morning after?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Victimization

Before recovery, many of us lacked a frame of reference with which to name the victimization and abuse in our life. We may have thought it was normal that people mistreated us. We may have believed we deserved mistreatment; we may have been attracted to people who mistreated us.
We need to let go, on a deep level, of our need to be victimized and to be victims. We need to let go of our need to be in dysfunctional relationships and systems at work, in love, in family relationships, in friendships. We deserve better. We deserve much better. It is our right. When we believe in our right to happiness, we will have happiness.

We will fight for that right, and the fight will emerge from our souls. Break free from oppression and victimization.

Today, I will liberate myself by letting go of my need to be a victim, and I'll explore my freedom to take care of myself. That liberation will not take me further away from people I love. It will bring me closer to people and. more in harmony with God's plan for my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Money Matters

Money gradually became our servant and not our master.
It became a means of exchanging love and service with those about us.
When, with God's help, we calmly accepted our lot, we found we could live at peace with ourselves and show others who still suffered the same fears that they could get over them, too. We found that freedom from fear was more important than freedom from want.

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Page 122

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"I don't always know where this life is going. I can't see the end of the road, but here is the great part: courage is not about knowing the path. It is about taking the first step." ~ Katie Davis
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: