View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 05:29 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 12

Prayer for Peace of Mind

Lord,
Sometimes my insides feel like a battle zone, where missiles are falling too close to home. Other times I'm caught in an endless storm, with thoughts flying out of control. Confusion reigns and defeat creeps in to steal my joy.

Lord, I ask you to give me all around peace in my mind, body, soul, and spirit. I want you to heal and remove everything that is causing stress, grief, and sorrow in my life.

Please guide my path through life and make my enemies be at peace with me. Let your peace reign in my family, at my place of work, businesses and everything I lay our hands on.

Bring peace into my soul that passes all worldly understanding and make me a light for others to see Your strength.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

We in A.A. are offering a spiritual program.

The fundamental basis of A.A. is belief in some Power greater than ourselves. This belief takes us off the center of the universe and allows us to transfer our problems to some power outside of ourselves. We turn to this Power for the strength we need to get sober and stay sober. We put our problem with alcohol in God's hands and leave it there. We stop trying to run our own life and seek to let God run it for us.

So ............

Do I do my best to give spiritual help?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Conscious Contact

A.A. members are encouraged to recognize their Higher Power, to listen to that Higher Power, and allow Him or Her to inspire them in their journey of recovery. This is achieved through prayer and meditation. Seek conscious contact with God more and more each day. Make God an abiding presence during the day. Be conscious of His spirit helping you.

Nothing happens by mistake.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Calmness Quiz

Allocate one point for each "Yes" answer.
In the last month, have you:

1. Worried a lot about something bad happening that in the end turned out just fine?
2. Had trouble sleeping because your mind was too busy with racing thoughts and/or your heart was pounding?
3. Worried about being late/not having enough time?
4. Had problems with your digestion?
5. Experienced shallow breathing because of anxious thoughts before an exam, presentation, important meeting at work, or awkward social meeting?
6. Lost your train of thought in a conversation and found it hard to focus on what the other person is saying?
7. Avoided social occasions by making up an excuse or white lie, or simply not turned up because you couldn’t face people?
8. Felt overly concerned if someone was late that something bad happened to them?
9. Felt overwhelmed by having too much to do?
10. Felt intense anxiety of panic?

Score: ____ out of 10

A score of three or more "Yes" answers indicate your calmness levels need love and attention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

“Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health.” ~ Dalai Lama

“Calmness is a huge gift. And once you master it, you will be able to respond in a useful way to every difficult situation that decides to walk into your heart.” ~ Geri Larkin
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: