View Single Post
Old 09-11-2021, 04:57 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 11

Prayer to Heal Stress

Lord, please grant me peace of mind and calm my troubled heart.
I can't seem to find my balance so I stumble and worry constantly.
Give me the strength and clarity of mind to find my purpose and walk the path you've laid out for me.
Lord, I trust you and know that you will heal this stress.
Just as the sun rises each day against the dark of night.
Please bring me clarity with the light of God.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

I was always fascinated with the study of scientific principles.

I pursued Absolute Knowledge. God and spirituality were meaningless academic exercises. I was a modern man of science, knowledge was my Higher Power. Given the right set of equations, life was merely another problem to solve. Yet my inner self was dying from my outer man's solution to life's problems and the solution was alcohol. In spite of my intelligence, alcohol became my Higher Power. It was through the unconditional love which emanated from A.A. people and meetings that I was able to discard alcohol as my Higher Power. The great void was filled. I was no longer lonely and apart from life. I had found a true power greater than myself, I had found God's love.

So ............

There is only one equation which really matters to me now: God is in A.A.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Personal Relations

Some of us grew up with resentments about the way our families treated us. It was confusing to notice how nice our parents could be toward strangers and then how abruptly they could become abusive toward us.

The best release for this kind of resentment is forgiveness, but we should also ask ourselves if we're guilty of the same faults. Are we discourteous and inconsiderate toward our own children and family members? Do we apologize when we offend strangers, but not when we hurt our own children?

We should try to treat everyone with fairness and kindness. No family member should be subjected to our incessant criticism and rudeness. We owe them the same courtesies we extend to strangers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the "Honeymoon"

For most of us, the first years of A.A. are something like a honeymoon. There is a new and potent reason to stay alive, joyful activity aplenty. For a time, we are diverted from the main life problems. That is all to the good.

But when the honeymoon has worn off, we are obliged to take our lumps, like other people. This is where the testing starts. Maybe the group has pushed us onto the side lines. Maybe difficulties have intensified at home, or in the world outside. Then the old behavior patterns reappear. How well we recognize and deal with them reveals the extent of our progress.

As Bill Sees It Page 216

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

“Every time you think you’re being rejected God’s actually redirecting you to something better. Ask him to give you the strength to press forward.” ~~ Nick Vujicic

“God doesn’t give you the people you want, he gives you the people you need. To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you and to make you the person you were meant to be.” ~~ Anonymous

****** Off Topic ******

May All of us Remember

May all of us remember with love and compassion this day.
May we grieve with those who still mourn,
And share memories with those who cannot forget.
May we draw strength from those who bravely responded,
And gave their lives to save others.
May we stand with strangers who became neighbors that day,
And remember their generosity and hospitality.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: