Always giving;
Never expecting to receive.
Allow me to give of myself,
To give of my talents and of my goods,
To give of my time and of my energy,
To give of my heart and of my soul.
Help me understand the needs of others,
Lord, keep a condemning spirit
Far from my heart and further from my lips.
Allow me to serve others,
With gentleness, compassion, and tenderness,
Never diminishing the worth of another,
Amen

~ Jack Watts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

When ordinary people decide to step out and be part of something big, that’s when they become extraordinary.

So ............

It is amazing what can be accomplished when nobody cares about who gets the credit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Helping

What is the importance of helping others?

Helping others is not only good for them and a good thing to do, it also makes us happier and healthier too. Giving also connects us to others, creating stronger communities and helping to build a happier society for everyone. And it's not all about money - we can also give our time, ideas and energy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Working With Others

Practical experience shows that nothing will so much insure immunity from drinking as intensive work with other alcoholics. It works when other activities fail. This is our twelfth suggestion: Carry this message to other alcoholics! You can help when no one else can. You can secure their confidence when others fail. Remember they are very ill.

Life will take on new meaning. To watch people recover, to see them help others, to watch loneliness vanish, to see a fellowship grow up about you, to have a host of friends - this is an experience you must not miss. We know you will not want to miss it. Frequent contact with newcomers and with each other is the bright spot of our lives.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 89

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

“The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” ~ Pablo Picasso

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” ~ Dr. Seuss
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: