View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 03:46 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 7

Thankful Prayer

Lord,
Sometimes life gets me down and I find it hard to see things to be thankful for.
Open my eyes to see the gifts you’ve given me in my life.
I’m going to start by thanking you for another day and the ability to live it fully.
Please help me understand and do your will today.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Anyone can fight the battles of just one day.

It is only when you and I add the burden of those two awful eternities, yesterday and tomorrow that we break down. It is not the experience of today that drives us mad. It is the remorse or bitterness for something, which happened yesterday, or the dread of what tomorrow may bring. Let us therefore do our best to live but one day at a time.

So ............

Am I living one day at a time?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Failure

Failure is part of the road to success.

Failure isn't fun, but beating yourself up over it won't help. Each time you fall down, it serves as proof you're pushing yourself to new limits. Remember that each failure is an opportunity to grow stronger and become better.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fear

When I face a fear, I am given courage; when I support a brother or sister, my capacity to love myself is increased; when I accept pain as part of the growing experience of life, I realize a greater happiness; when I look at my dark side, I am brought into new light; when I accept my vulnerability and surrender to a Higher Power, I am graced with unforeseen strength.

Daily Reflections Page 62

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Few Quotes

“You don't make progress by standing on the sidelines, whimpering and complaining. You make progress by implementing ideas.” ~ Shirley Chisholm

“Complaining not only ruins everybody else's day, it ruins the complainer's day, too. The more we complain, the more unhappy we get.” ~ Dennis Prager
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: