View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 04:54 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

September 5

Prayer to Release

God,
You know I am troubled by thoughts and feelings of anger, resentment and bitterness.
You also know why.
Plus You know how deep the hurt goes and how long I have lived with it.
But I don’t want to live with it any longer.
I don’t want to be an angry, resentful and bitter person.
With Your help, I release my anger into Your hands.
I surrender my resentment. I let go of my bitterness.
Help me to keep letting go and release these toxic emotions as often as they try to return.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Let Go of the Past

It’s time to face up to the fact that the past is gone, and any effort to repeat it is a sure way to stay stuck in old blueprints that you would have already outgrown if you hadn’t been so busy clinging to what you have already been through.

So ............

Let the past go. Don’t let your memories stop you from seeing how beautiful and precious each moment in your life is now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Willingness

Although willpower alone does not work in overcoming alcoholism, there is a place for the will, or willingness, in the search for a happy sobriety. Things can happen if we are willing to let them happen. More importantly, progress often depends on our willingness to give up what stands in our way. It also requires our willingness to take the actions necessary for success.

This same willingness, so vital to finding sobriety, is also applicable in other areas of our lives. The pioneers of AA suggested that getting sober required being willing to go to any lengths. This is the key to other achievements and to the overcoming of problems besides alcohol.

We often have to put up with unpleasant conditions simply because we do not want to change them badly enough. For example, we may dislike the unpleasant coughing and risks of smoking, but lack the willingness to quit. We may brood over lost opportunities, but be unwilling to take advantage of the opportunities we have now.

The key to constructive change in our lives is willingness… and that applies to other matters as well as to alcohol.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Out of Bondage

At Step Three, many of us said to our Maker, as we understand Him:
"God, I offer myself to Thee--to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that my transcendence over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy power, Thy love, and Thy way of life. May I do Thy will always!"

We thought well before taking this Step, making sure we were ready. Then we could commence to abandon ourselves utterly to Him.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 63

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

"Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts” ~ David O. McKay

We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: