View Single Post
Old 07-04-2021, 03:14 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

July 4

Freedom From Alcohol Prayer

Lord,
Some people who are addicted to alcohol want to quit and live sober, but they're finding it hard to stop.
They need your divine intervention.
Strengthen them in their inner being that they may be able to deal with withdrawal symptoms without falling back into the temptation of drinking.
Make the crooked paths in the recovery journey straight that they may conquer all the setbacks that have been set before them.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A 4th of July Prayer

We lift up our hearts, O God, on this day of celebration in gratitude for the gift of being Americans.

We rejoice with all those who share in the great dream of freedom and dignity for all.

With flags and feasting, with family and friends we salute those who have sacrificed that we might have the opportunity to bring to fulfill our many God-given gifts.

As we deny all prejudice a place in our hearts, may we also clearly declare our intention to work for the time when all people, regardless of race, religion, or sex, will be granted equal dignity and worth.

~ Fr. Ed Hays

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Freedom in sobriety.

Means going out socially sober and having a great time. It means waking up in the morning without shakes or vomiting. It means showing up sober for your children. It means being a loving member of a family that can be counted on. It means hope, faith, and peace. It means living a life beyond your wildest dreams.

So ............

Am I living my wildest dreams yet??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Freedom to Choice

Human beings are not puppets. Sometimes when you hear people talk about God and prayer, they imply that we have no choice and that all actions in life are determined by God alone: a moment's reflection should make us hesitate from such a viewpoint. Murder, rape, child molestation and prejudice do not stem from God but are the results of God's gift of freedom to mankind.

Alcoholics need to comprehend on a daily basis that prayers that are not accompanied by actions are mere words. God's love for man does not obliterate man's need to love himself through choice and decision. Sobriety and serenity should be experienced in our lives when divinity is revealed in our choice.

God, help me to appreciate my involvement in my desire to be a winner.

"Freedom is nothing else but a chance to be better." ~ Albert Camus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Resentment

“If you have a resentment you want to be free of, if you will pray for the person or the thing that you resent, you will be free. If you will ask in prayer for everything you want for yourself to be given to them, you will be free. Ask for their health, their prosperity, their happiness, and you will be free. Even when you don’t really want it for them and your prayers are only words and you don’t mean it, go ahead and do it anyway. Do it every day for two weeks, and you will find you have come to mean it and to want it for them, and you will realize that where you used to feel bitterness and resentment and hatred, you now feel compassionate understanding and love.”

Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Page 552

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you." — F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: