View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 05:48 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 28

Happiness Prayer

Dear Lord,
I pray that you bless me with true happiness and peace in life.
Lead me away from hate and anger toward love.
From a restless mind and anxiety, give me peace.
Lead me from fear of death to eternal life.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

I have gotten over my procrastination.

I was always putting things off till tomorrow and as a result that never got done. "There is always another day" was my motto instead of "Do it now." Under the influence of alcohol, I had grandiose plans. When I was sober I was too busy getting over my drunk to start anything. "Some day I'll do that" -- but I never did it. In A.A. I have learned it's better to make a mistake once in a while than to never do anything at all. We learn by trial and error. But we must act now and not put it off until tomorrow.

So ............

Have I learned to do it now?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Growth

We should be thankful we can never reach complete serenity. If we could, we would never have the need to improve ourselves. We would stop growing, because there would be no reason to learn any more than we already know, and we would become bored. Even the things, which seem so serene in nature usually contain a struggle within. A lake, with a swan gliding slowly across it, seems a perfect picture of serenity. But, unseen below the surface, fish, turtles, and frogs struggle each day for survival.

The important thing is to accept the struggles as a part of the beauty of life, not as blemishes on it.

What struggles shall help me grow better today?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prayer

As the alcoholic goes along with his process of prayer, he begins to add up the results.
If he persists, he will almost surely find more serenity, more tolerance, less fear, and less anger. He will acquire a quiet courage, the kind that doesn't strain him. He can look at so-called failure and success for what they really are. Problems and calamity will begin to mean instruction, rather than destruction.
He will feel freer and saner. . . Wonderful and unaccountable things will start to happen.
Twisted relations with family and on the outside will unaccountably improve.

Bill W., June 1958
The Language of the Heart Page 241

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Life is always moving, changing, shifting into its next shape. The movement is natural. It is how we evolve. Let the shift happen. Take responsibility for yourself each step of the way." ~ Earnie Larsen
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote