View Single Post
Old 06-19-2021, 04:47 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 19

Aging Prayer

Oh, God, awaken within me the gift of these years.
Teach me to trust so I can face my fears.
Teach me to “be” so I can live.
Teach me to receive as in this I also give.

Let me slow down, savor the moment
Then I can hear your whispers spoken.
Help me to embrace this “sage-ing”
And share it with the youthful aging.

Grace me with humility
And lead me to your tranquility.
For in this utter surrender,
I come to accept your grace so tender.

Give me courage to face my unanswered questions.
Guide me to the soul-filled suggestions.
Balance has always been a challenge.
Create it in me as my life re-arranges.

Loosen my grip, set my spirit free
So I can discover who I’m called to be.
It’s not easy to lose independence.
But I want to trust it’s for greater transcendence.

How grateful am I for the gifts I receive?
Deepen my faith so I can always believe.

Aging well has no map.
Just be my source to bridge the gap.
Amen

~ Sister Carole Kimes, Sisters of Providence of Saint Mary-of-the-Woods

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

The Twelfth Step of A.A., working with others, can be subdivided into five parts.

Five words beginning with the letter C confidence, confession, conviction, con version, and continuance. The first thing in trying to help other alcoholics is to get their confidence. We do this by telling them our own experiences with drinking, so that they see that we know what we're talking about. If we share our experiences frankly, they will know that we are sincerely trying to help them. They will realize that they're not alone and that others have had experiences as bad or worse than theirs. This gives them confidence that they can be helped.

So ............

Do I care enough about other alcoholics to get their confidence?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Who You Are

Stop criticizing yourself. Stop telling yourself everything you think, feel, want and do is wrong. Or at least not quite right. You’ve been holding back, censoring yourself for too long. Your creativity, your intuition, the voice of your soul is the very voice you’ve been silencing.

For many reasons, we learn to criticize and censor ourselves. We may have grown up with people who stifled our inner voice, our wisdom, our knowledge of truth. Our sense of the truth may have caused them to feel uneasy. So they told us to hush. It met their needs to keep us quiet. So we learned to hush ourselves. It was how we survived.

No longer do we need to meet other people’s needs, not that way. We don’t have to be afraid of ourselves or what we will find if we look inside. We don’t need to run from ourselves. We don’t need to hide or hush ourselves. We are creative, loving, purposeful beings.

It’s time to open up to yourself, to your grandest dreams and aspirations, your real inclinations and desires, your wisdom and knowledge about what is true and what is real. Open up to who you are. Listen to yourself. Express yourself. Enjoy who you are, and you will find others enjoying you,too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Perspective

Until I could honestly look at myself and see that I was the problem in many situations and react appropriately inside and out; until I could discard my expectations and understand that my serenity was directionally proportional to them, I could not experience serenity and sound sobriety.

Daily Reflections Page 71

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"I always remember an epitaph which is in the cemetery at Tombstone, Arizona. It says: 'Here lies Jack Williams. He done his damnedest.' I think that is the greatest epitaph a man can have." ~ Harry S. Truman
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: