Old 06-17-2021, 05:11 AM   #17
bluidkiti
Administrator

June 17

Self-Respect Prayer

Dear Lord,

Thank You for giving me the richest gift of all:
You taught me to respect myself.
I have the ability to say “no” to the toxic people in my life.
I am able to surround myself with only those who share authentic love through word and deed.
I can grow to my full potential.

Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

One thing that keeps me sober is a feeling of loyalty to the other members of the group.

I know I'd be letting them down if I ever took a drink. When I was drinking, I wasn't loyal to anybody. I should have been loyal to my family, but I wasn't. I let them down by my drinking. When I came into A.A., I found a group of people who were not only helping each other to stay sober, but who were loyal to each other by staying sober themselves.

So ............

Am I loyal to my group?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Rest

When we are tired, we need to stop and give ourselves time to rest. Sometimes we think we can't spare the time. But without rest, all our activity soon becomes a burden and there is no joy in it. Animals know it is necessary to take time to rest. This is part of the rhythm of life: activity and rest, effort and relaxation.

Our bad moods are often our body's way of telling us we need rest. When we were little, we needed naps. Somehow, we forget to allow ourselves this right when we are older. We are wise to remember we never outgrow this need for rest to make the day go better.
When we return to our day refreshed, we have given ourselves and all those around us the gift of ourselves at our best.
I do better when I am rested.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Source of Strength

I would tell a friend of mine, who was having the same problems, that I prayed to God not to take a drink today and not to get married today. It was a sort of pact. I was very serious about this. I couldn't seem to handle romance and God too well at the same time. And God did start to give me the strength that I had always thought would come from the man in my life.

Came to Believe, 30th printing 2004, Pages 102-103

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Remember, you have been criticizing yourself for years, and it hasn't worked. Try approving of yourself and see what happens." ~ Louise L. Hay
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: