View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 04:51 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 2

Prayer for Clarity

Lord, I give you all of my concerns, anxieties and worries. You know the inner beating of my heart and all of the troubles in my life. I pray that you will guide me during this inner turmoil. My heart weighs heavy as I struggle to discern the truth and the right path to take.I know that you understand all of my life and have a plan for me. I wait for your guidance and wisdom.
Lord, bring me clarity. Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Since I've been in A.A., have I made a start towards being more unselfish?

Do I no longer want my own way in everything? When things go wrong and I can't have what I want, do I no longer sulk? Am I trying not to waste money on myself? And does it make me happy to see my family and my home have enough attention from me?

So ............

Am I trying not to be all get and no give?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Acceptance of Anger

Anger is familiar to us all. We feel it toward others and from others. The expression and acceptance of anger is where we often falter. Most of us were told when we were small girls that we shouldn't be angry, but we were. And we are, even yet. However, we often still feel like a little girl when it comes to angry feelings.

We need to accept our anger and learn to express it, honestly, openly and assertively, not aggressively. We can't afford to hang onto anger. It grows and then festers and then boils. Soon it is interfering in all our relationships, and it provides a ready excuse for an old, self-destructive pattern we don't want to entertain for even a moment.

Nothing we set out to do today will have the right outcome if we carry anger within us. How we interpret life, how we treat our friends, what we do with our opportunities and our challenges--all these are determined by our attitudes. Repressed anger always blocks the way to a positive attitude.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Paradox

We give away to keep.
That seems absurd and untrue.
How can you keep something if you give it away?
But in order to keep whatever it is we get in AA, we must go about giving it away to others, for no fees or rewards of any kind.

Experience, Strength & Hope Page 154

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Letting go of the past is the only way that you will ever be able to move forward and gain more mental clarity." ~ R.D. King
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: