Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - October (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7452)

bluidkiti 10-16-2015 10:09 AM

October 16

Today’s Scripture: James 3:15-16 (NLT): For jealousy and selfishness are not God’s kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic. For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.

Today’s Thought: Jealousy can cause a lot of damage in our life. We must guard our hearts. Instead of being jealous when God blesses someone, let’s try to rejoice with them!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me rejoice when You bless someone instead of being jealous. Please forgive me for being jealous in the past. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

"`If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." —Mark 9:23

Psalm 19:14 May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Romans 12:9-10 Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Psalm 37:7

Romans 16:17-19

I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people. Everyone has heard about your obedience, so I rejoice because of you; but I want you to be wise about what is good, and innocent about what is evil.

bluidkiti 10-17-2015 10:03 AM

October 17

Today’s Scripture: James 3:17 (NLT): But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and the fruit of good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere.

Today’s Thought: We should be full of love and gentleness at all times. This does not come naturally but is a learned behavior. How do we learn it? By praying and seeking the face of God.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me be full of love & gentleness. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Psalm 25:14-15 - The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare.

1 Peter 5:10 NIV The God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

bluidkiti 10-18-2015 07:52 AM

October 18

Today’s Scripture: James 3:18 (NLT): And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.

Today’s Thought: We should bring peace to every situation we deal with. Why? Because we should be peacemakers. In fact, we are blessed when we are peacemakers (see Matthew 5:9).

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me become a peacemaker. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. —1 Timothy 1:12

Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

John 15:12 "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."

Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. Ephesians 4:29

And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18

bluidkiti 10-19-2015 08:24 AM

October 19

This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other." —Zechariah 7:9-10

Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. Psalm 119:10

bluidkiti 10-20-2015 08:44 AM

October 20

Psalm 51:12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Stay away from fools, for you won't find knowledge on their lips. Proverbs 14:7

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age. Matthew 28:19-20

bluidkiti 10-21-2015 08:49 AM

October 21

Psalm 40:8 I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.”

Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always strive to do what is good for each other and for everyone else. 1 Thessalonians 5:15

Don't befriend angry people or associate with hot-tempered people, Proverbs 22:24

bluidkiti 10-22-2015 09:55 AM

October 22

James 4:5-6 (NLT): Do you think the Scriptures have no meaning? They say that God is passionate that the spirit he has placed within us should be faithful to him. And he gives grace generously. As the Scriptures say, “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

Today’s Thought: In this life we will have many battles, there is no way around it. However, we can overcome all of them! How? Simply ask Him to help you.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You give me the strength to fight & stand up against evil desires. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Proverbs 15:23 A person finds joy in giving an apt reply—and how good is a timely word!

Jeremiah 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O Lord God of hosts.

Romans 12:11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

2 Timothy 2:22-26

Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. Proverbs 2:6

bluidkiti 10-23-2015 10:42 AM

October 23

Galatians 6:2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Colossians 3:23-24 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

7 Do not waste time arguing over godless ideas and old wives’ tales. Instead, train yourself to be godly. 8 “Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.” 1 Timothy 4:7-8

But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. James 1:22

1 Chronicles 29:11 (NIV) - Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, Lord, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head over all.

Ephesians 4:2-3 (NIV) - Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” James 1:12

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9

bluidkiti 10-24-2015 08:38 AM

October 24

Today’s Scripture: James 4:9 (NLT): Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy.

Today’s Thought: We need to take responsibility for our actions. The fact is, we sin. It is not anyone’s fault but our own. We need to first admit it to God, repent of it, and finally turn from it.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You forgive me and help me turn from it. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Luke 6:27-28 "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you."

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Ephesians 4:2

bluidkiti 10-25-2015 09:27 AM

October 25

Today’s Scripture: James 4:10 (NLT): Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor.

Today’s Thought: God often works opposite of how the world works. The world says in order to “get to the top” you must do whatever you can – use whomever you can. But God is the complete opposite. A humbled spirit goes a long way. We must be humbled and give God all the glory for everything. He deserves it all!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me be humbled and give You the glory for everything. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Ephesians 5:19-20 - 19 speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

There are "friends" who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24

In their hearts humans plan their course, but the Lord establishes their steps. Proverbs 16:9

I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins." Isaiah 43:25

bluidkiti 10-26-2015 09:02 AM

October 26

Today’s Scripture: James 4:11 (NLT): Don’t speak evil against each other, dear brothers and sisters. If you criticize and judge each other, then you are criticizing and judging God’s law. But your job is to obey the law, not to judge whether it applies to you.

Today’s Thought: Our words have much more power then we think. This is why we must be extra careful of what we say about one another. We should always be building each other up instead of tearing one another down.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me speak life instead of death today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

2 Timothy 3:16-17 - 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. Romans 5:3

Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. Matthew 7:24

bluidkiti 10-27-2015 09:07 AM

October 27

Today’s Scripture: James 4:12 (NLT): God alone, who gave the law, is the Judge. He alone has the power to save or to destroy. So what right do you have to judge your neighbor?

Today’s Thought: We must not judge other people. Let God do the judging. Our job is simply to love people.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You please forgive me for judging others. Instead of judging, please help me to love people & show them how much You love them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever. —1 John 2:17

Psalm 56:3-4 NIV When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

And since we have been made right in God's sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God's condemnation. Romans 5:9

Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. Isaiah 60:1

bluidkiti 10-28-2015 07:21 AM

October 28

Today’s Scripture: James 4:13-15 (NLT): Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.”

Today’s Thought: We do not have tomorrow promised to us. This is why we must make each day count for Him. What are you doing for Him today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me do Your will today. Put someone in my path that needs to hear how much You love them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. —1 Peter 2:12

1 Peter 1:24-25 For, “All people are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord endures forever.”

Proverbs 3:7-8 Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones. And this is the word that was preached to you.

"And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;" Ephesians 4:23

John 1:12-13 (NIV) - Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.

So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ. Romans 10:17

bluidkiti 10-29-2015 10:30 AM

October 29

Be exalted, O LORD, in your strength; we will sing and praise your might. —Psalm 21:13

Romans 12:1 A Living Sacrifice 1 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.

Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid?

God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 1 John 4:4

bluidkiti 10-30-2015 01:05 PM

October 30

2 Thessalonians 3:5 — May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance.

Ephesians 2:8-9 - 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. Habakkuk 3:17-18