Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Getting Along with YOU! (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2627)

bluidkiti 02-01-2014 10:10 AM

Getting Along with YOU!

Getting Along with YOU!

God's love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us. —Romans 5:5

The Bible teaches us that the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. That simply means that when the Lord, in the form of the Holy Spirit, comes to dwell in our heart because of our faith in His son Jesus Christ, He brings love with Him, because God is love (1 John 4:8). We all need to ask ourselves what we are doing with the love of God that has been freely given us. Are we rejecting it because we don't think we are valuable enough to be loved? Do we believe God is like other people who have rejected and hurt us? Or are we receiving His love by faith, believing that He is greater than our failures and weaknesses? What kind of relationship do you have with God, with yourself, and ultimately, with your fellow man?

It never occurred to me that I even had a relationship with myself. It was just something I never thought of until God began teaching me in these areas. I now realize that I spend more time with myself than with anyone else and it is vital that I get along well with me. You are one person you never get away from. We all know how agonizing it is to work day after day with someone we don't get along with, but at least we don't have to take that person home with us at night. But we are with us all the time, day and night. We never have one minute away from ourselves, not even one second—therefore, it is of the utmost importance that we have peace with ourselves.

From the book New Day, New You: 365 Devotions for Enjoying Everyday Life by Joyce Meyer.

MajestyJo 02-01-2014 01:50 PM

Love this, didn`t even like myself. I gave myself more scoldings than kind reassuring thoughts.

The thought of being alone with me was totally fearful, and as I regained faith, the fear disappeared. There are healthy fears, like not walking in front of a bus and not expect to get run over, or should I say fears brought on by my dis-ease. The paranoia of of our dis-ease often made things up that made things grow out of proportion.

I use to say that I need to keep my cotton picking hands off and dull my tongue which use to tear me and others into strips and forget to put them back together again.

I had to learn to be my own best friend instead of my own worst enemy.

schell81208 02-02-2014 12:06 AM

Good reading...I was so afraid of myself...when I started to see who I really was through much spiritual work in recovery...I tended to see the bad person...i punished rather than letting the spirit work within me to remove fear ...I shied away ...I consider myself a seeker...in today I no longer have to seek for I have found that place of peace of mind, body and spirit...I am learning day by day to see the times God has carried me...I am alive today for a true reason,...I am not a bad person, I am a person who made many bad choices..but through meditation, prayer and the program and recovered friends I learned that "hey I am a pretty neat person" I think I can love myself on most days. I learned that it is okay to let each day unfold in a spiritual manner....for this I am grateful! Peace, Schell