Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - October (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1043)

bluidkiti 10-01-2013 09:51 AM

Bible Verse Of The Day - October

October 1

“Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake. Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for great is your reward in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. Matthew 5:11-12

Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are his dear children. Ephesians 5:1

Hebrews 13:5 - 5 Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”

Hebrews 4:16 — Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

dwmoeller 10-02-2013 08:10 AM

Even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. - l Peter 3:14

Thought:

Live in God's right;
Be happy at night.

bluidkiti 10-02-2013 10:53 AM

October 2

The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe. Proverbs 29:25

2 Corinthians 6:16 - 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

Our people must learn to do good by meeting the urgent needs of others; then they will not be unproductive. Titus 3:14

dwmoeller 10-03-2013 09:40 AM

Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. - 1 Peter 3:18

Thought: Your path to God was paved with unparalleled sacrifice.

bluidkiti 10-03-2013 10:55 AM

October 3

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 1 Peter 1:3

Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. Colossians 3:2

1 Peter 5:8-9 - 8 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. 9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.

dwmoeller 10-04-2013 09:51 AM

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

bluidkiti 10-04-2013 11:58 AM

October 4

Do not boast about tomorrow, For you do not know what a day may bring forth. Proverbs 27:1

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Colossians 3:23

Psalm 40:2 - 2 He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.

Proverbs 3:5-6 — Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

bluidkiti 10-05-2013 10:24 AM

October 5

Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near. Isaiah 55:6

...let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us Hebrews 12:1

James 4:10 - 10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor.

bluidkiti 10-06-2013 10:17 AM

October 6

Trust in the Lord forever, For in YAH, the Lord, is everlasting strength. Isaiah 26:4

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Colossians 3:15

Zachariah 8:6 - 6 “This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: All this may seem impossible to you now, a small remnant of God’s people. But is it impossible for me? says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies.

bluidkiti 10-07-2013 09:07 AM

October 7

O God, You are my God; Early will I seek You; My soul thirsts for You; My flesh longs for You In a dry and thirsty land Where there is no water. Psalm 63:1

Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters: You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. James 1:19

Titus 1:9 - 9 He must have a strong belief in the trustworthy message he was taught; then he will be able to encourage others with wholesome teaching and show those who oppose it where they are wrong.

dwmoeller 10-07-2013 09:17 AM

Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. - l Peter 4:9

Thought: Warm hearts extend welcoming hands. (My old friend Wally used to say, Cold hands, warm heart.)

bluidkiti 10-08-2013 09:02 AM

October 8

I, even I, am the Lord, And besides Me there is no savior. I have declared and saved, I have proclaimed, And there was no foreign god among you; Therefore you are My witnesses,” Says the Lord, “that I am God. Isaiah 43:11-12

Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing. Proverbs 12:18

Revelation 21:4 - 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”

dwmoeller 10-08-2013 09:30 AM

Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. 1 Peter 4:10

Thought: Make your gift from God work for good.

bluidkiti 10-09-2013 09:49 AM

October 9

You shall walk after the Lord your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. Deuteronomy 13:4

The Lord detests lying lips, but he delights in those who tell the truth. Proverbs 12:22

Romans 3:22 - 22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.

Isaiah 43:10-11 —

"You are my witnesses," declares the Lord,
"and my servant whom I have chosen,
so that you may know and believe me
and understand that I am he.
Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me.
I, even I, am the Lord,
and apart from me there is no savior.

Believers have the responsibility today of being God's witnesses, telling the world who God is and what he has done. Do people know what God is like through your words and example? They cannot see God directly, but they can see him reflected in you.

dwmoeller 10-10-2013 09:35 AM

Whoever heeds correction is honored. - Proverbs 13:18

Thought: Always take the better way.