Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Spiritual Recovery (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Spiritual Program (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1008)

MajestyJo 05-09-2014 03:43 AM

FULLY RELIANT ON GOD

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/water-frogs/0286.gif

Do I rely on Him completely?
Do I trust Him with everything?
Or do I try to carry all the burdens
that each day so often brings.

It's not enough to simply say it.
But can I live it day to day?
Relying fully on the One who loves me.
And the precious words He has to say.

He's waiting there to hear me.
He's watching over me, I know.
Why do I only talk with Him
when I've no where else to go?

Fellowship isn't just believing.
It means allowing Him into my heart.
The light of my salvation
leaves nothing hidden in the dark.

Father, do not let me continue
hiding what I think you cannot see.
For it is because you love me
That you came to set me free.

"Child come out of the darkness.
Take my hand and follow me."
No matter what is in the shadows,
forgiveness and love is what I see.

"Rely upon my love," He says.
"Trust that I have it all in hand."
Do I believe Him? Do I trust Him?
Is He as shifting as the sand?

Are the words He's spoken
lies ... or in faith can I truly live
FULLY RELIANT ON GOD
for it is the only way to Him

짤2006 Misty Taggart
All rights reserved.

"If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
But if you walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin"
1 John 1:6-7

MajestyJo 05-11-2014 03:35 AM

The Loveliness Of Silence

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...flies/0192.gif

No one's ever heard a butterfly,
It cannot speak nor sing,
It just hovers quietly around,
And shows off its pretty wings.

Each tiny wing - a masterpiece,
Of intricate design,
With hues that blend and complement,
So tranquil and refined.

And no one's ever heard a firefly,
Turn on its tiny light,
Without a click, it flips its switch,
And makes no noise in the night.

And there it is, in all its glory,
Its wee light flashing off and on,
Until it disappears in silence,
Along with moths across the lawn.

And what about white fleecy clouds,
That aimlessly drift by?
They help us dream of things unseen,
Though we can't hear them in the sky.

Like soft meringue, they peak and hang,
Soundlessly above the ground,
They tantalize our seeking eyes,
We watch in awe; they make no sound.

Puffs of smoke from chimney tops,
Come skipping through the air,
Gentle breezes make them dance,
What lovely visions there.

But we can't hear a puff of smoke,
Nor can we hold it in our hands,
But we can watch it float away,
Silently across the land.

First snow of Winter on the ground,
Untouched, unmarked, pristine,
Lace-like frost on window panes,
Crystal icicles that gleam.

Impressive beauties, everyone,
That inspire men to whisper,
To not disturb the reverie,
Of such a wondrous mixture.

A white, full moon on a still, black night,
With a host of silver stars,
Free to see and wish upon,
And spend lovely, quiet hours.

In splendid stillness, lies that night,
With peaceful beauty there,
Which forces one to bended knee,
In grateful, silent prayer.

A baby's smile, a sleeping child,
A napping cat upon a lap,
Pleasurable and treasurable,
All silent joys that entrap.

True, a picture's worth a thousand words,
Though it never makes a sound,
It communicates in ways unheard,
And lasts forever and beyond.

It's the lovely, silent things we see.
That our ears will never hear,
That speak loudly to our listening hearts,
Distinct, succinct, and clear.

We're grateful that God gave us ears,
To hear His awesome sounds,
Yet the loveliness of silence,
Is wondrous, too, when it is found.

Virginia (Ginny) Ellis
Copyright January 2005
used with permission

MajestyJo 05-18-2014 03:15 PM

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...flies/0322.gif

Emotions wash over me, like the ocean over the sands
Slowly edging down my cheek, a tiny teardrop falls to land
Upon the line filled pages; from the corner of my mind,
Sad, forgotten memories, that poetry's message seeks to find.

Lost images and feelings cascade through curtained pain
Flowing onto paper, with the hopes of insights, growth to gain,
The power of the pen - so much mightier than the sword
Is found within the messages - that lyrics and poems can afford.

Lyrics that encourage One Day At A Time
And silent search within yourself, for the Hero you will find
For hidden strength and courage, to capacity to heal
Is found within the messages - that songs and poetry conceals.

So listen very carefully. Take heed of the words being said
And apply them to your daily life
And the good and bad times ahead.

Take in the soothing comfort
That these gifts of prose provide
For it's through the grace of God that these messages arrive.

- Lois Stargratt

MajestyJo 05-20-2014 01:54 PM

To: YOU
Date: TODAY
Subject: YOURSELF
Reference: LIFE

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.

Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now.

If you find yourself stuck in traffic; Don't despair. There are people in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege.

Should you have a bad day at work; Think of the man who has been out of work for years.

Should you despair over a relationship gone bad; Think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return.

Should you grieve the passing of another weekend; Think of the woman in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her children.

Should your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance; Think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk.

Should you notice a new gray hair in the mirror; Think of the cancer patient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine.

Should you find yourself at a loss and pondering what is life all about, asking what is my purpose? Be thankful. There are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity.

Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities; Remember, things could be worse. You could be one of them!

Should you decide to send this to a friend; Thank you, you may have touched their life in ways you will never know

I am sure this has been seen by many before today. For me, it always seems to arrive in my mailbox when I have a problem with letting go.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...flies/0211.gif

MajestyJo 05-25-2014 12:35 PM

Here are your Words-2-Inspire for the week from Soul Weaver. Enjoy!

"If we were logical, the future would be bleak indeed. But we are more than logical. We are human beings, and we have faith and we have hope, and we can work."

- Jacques Cousteau

May you see God everywhere you look today!

Scars are buried deep, we can bring them to be healed.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...faces/0132.gif

MajestyJo 07-24-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

DAILY OM

Working Through Silence
Noise as a Distraction

Our lives are typically filled with noise. There are the noises from the outside world that we cannot control, and there are the noises we allow into our lives. These noises, from seemingly innocuous sources like the television and radio, can actually help us avoid dealing with uncomfortable thoughts and emotions. However, using noise as a distraction hurts more than it helps because you are numbing yourself to what may be internally bubbling up to the surface for you to look at and heal. Distracting yourself with talk-radio, television, or other background noises can also prevent you from finding closure to issues that haunt you.

Noise as a distraction can affect us in many ways. It can help you stay numb to emotions that you don’t want to feel, allow you to avoid dealing with problems, distract you from having to think, and make it easier for you to forget reality. Drowning out the thoughts and emotions you find uncomfortable or overwhelming can complicate your issues because it allows them to fester. By tuning out noise and relishing silence, you create the space to experience and express what you are hiding. It is only then that self-exploration can begin in earnest and you can stare down frightening issues. In silence, it becomes easier to let your strongest feelings come forth, deal with them, and find new ways of resolving your problems.

When you go within without the veil of noise to shield you from yourself, you’ll be able to figure out what you need to heal. Embracing silence and introspection allows you to work through your thoughts and emotions and transmute them. Free of the need for noise, you can accept your pain, anger, and frustration as they come up and turn them into opportunities to evolve.

What do you think?
Seems like I shared a little bit about this on an earlier post. I could not be alone with myself and had to have the noise happening around me. Now I can make that inward journey when the noise and chaos is there and find peace and quiet.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...bears/0275.gif

MajestyJo 09-15-2014 07:20 PM

Translating Our Feelings

Quote:

DAILY OM

Translating Our Feelings

Are You Excited Or Scared?

When new challenges and opportunities show up in our lives, we may diagnose ourselves as feeling scared when what we really feel is excited. Often we have not been taught how to welcome the thrill of a new opportunity, and so we opt to back off, indulging our anxiety instead of awakening our courage. One way to inspire ourselves to embrace the opportunities that come our way is to look more deeply into our feelings and see that butterflies in our stomach or a rapidly beating heart are not necessarily a sign that we are afraid. Those very same feelings can be translated as excitement, curiosity, passion, and even love.

There is nothing wrong with being afraid as long as we do not let it stop us from doing the things that excite us. Most of us assume that brave people are fearless, but the truth is that they are simply more comfortable with fear because they face it on a regular basis. The more we do this, the more we feel excitement in the face of challenges rather than anxiety. The more we cultivate our ability to move forward instead of backing off, the more we trust ourselves to be able to handle the new opportunity, whether it?s a new job, an exciting move, or a relationship. When we feel our fear, we can remind ourselves that maybe we are actually just excited. We can assure ourselves that this opportunity has come our way because we are meant to take it.

Framing things just a little differently can dramatically shift our mental state from one of resistance to one of openness. We can practice this new way of seeing things by saying aloud: I am really excited about this job interview. I am really looking forward to going on a date with this amazing person. I am excited to have the opportunity to do something I have never done before. As we do this, we will feel our energy shift from fear, which paralyzes, to excitement, which empowers us to direct all that energy in the service of moving forward, growing, and learning.

What do you think?
Like this, it is not from a recovery fellowship, but very spiritual in nature.

How do we open our mind, change our way of thinking and allow ourselves to accept a new way of life. Feeling are feeling and we have to accept them, it is what we do with them that is makes the difference them. Instead of acting out we learn how to express them and let them go in a healthy way.

As it says here, it is all energy, changing the negative into a positive.

For me it was acknowledging, not turning my back or ignoring it or pulling on the blanket of denial or burying it, but acknowledging it, perusing it, recognizing it for what it is, if need be look at the source, and surrender to the program and apply the Steps, then let go and let God.

http://angelwinks.net/images/windmill/windmill2.jpg

MajestyJo 09-15-2014 07:30 PM

Quote:

DAILY OM

As You Believe

Create Completeness

The creative power of the universe is infinite. A single molecule's destiny is as important as the consequences of the largest supernova. Human potential is subject to this power, but because we are sentient beings, each of us is permitted to choose whether we will struggle against it or work in tandem with it. When we give voice to our desires through focused meditation or solicit the help of spirit guides, we draw upon the universe's creative power to achieve certain ends. However, because our words are not all the universe hears, the response we receive may surprise us. The discourse we establish through our appeals is a blend of speech, thought, intention, and subconscious reflection. When we ask the universe for something, the unspoken message is that what we want does not exist, and the universe accepts this as truth. Conversely, we manifest completeness through affirmations in which we declare our desires as if we have already obtained them.

When we affirm that we are fulfilled instead of articulating deficiencies, we are asserting that contentment is a natural and necessary element of human existence. Our essence is an expression of fulfillment—the universe wants to satisfy our needs and desires. When we describe our realities in positive terms, we are not denying the challenges inherent in existence. We choose not to focus on lack or dissatisfaction because we understand that the energy of our thoughts will determine the response we receive to our entreaties. Ask yourself how you would feel if your wishes were granted, and then allow yourself to internalize that emotional state. Try to create a picture of satisfaction so vivid that its reality is unquestionable and tell the universe that your vision is fact. At the close of your appeal, express your gratitude, as it is your acknowledgement of the truth of your fulfillment that will set the creative power of the universe into motion.

Working in perfect unison with the creative power of the universe will empower you to manifest spiritual realities in your material existence. As you affirm the beauty, peace, and goodness that already exist within in your life, your capacity to sense and understand their influence will become increasingly sophisticated. To meet your needs and achieve your desires, you need then only banish all thoughts of emptiness so that the energy of completeness can attract fullness into your being.

What do you think?
Posted in 2007

This makes me aware of how much we express ourselves mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Actions often speak louder than words and that the body does often have a different language other than the words it speaks. When you listen to the tones of the voice when it is speaking, the sighs, the shrugs, the eyes, often give way to hidden thoughts and actions.

When you feel empty, go to the Universe (The God of your Understanding) and ask for what you need to be filled up)

http://angelwinks.net/images/windmill/windmill4.jpg

MajestyJo 09-28-2014 08:22 AM

GET INSPIRED!

There is a voice in the Universe urging us to remember our purpose for being on this great Earth. This is the voice of inspiration, which is within each and every one of us.

Throughout life, the two most futile emotions are guilt for what has been done and worry about what might be done.

Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...Q8QCGevhatbzEG

MajestyJo 11-12-2014 05:44 PM

Thoughts for the Day
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
“The most adventurous journey to embark on
is the journey to yourself;
the most exciting thing to discover
is who you really are;
the most treasured pieces that you can find
are all the pieces of you;
the most special portrait you can recognize
is the portrait of your soul.”
C. JoyBell C.

“Your self-concept is stored deep
in your subconscious mind.
Our brains naturally look to the past
to interpret today’s reality.
And every time a memory is called into the present,
The brain connections holding that memory
are physically strengthened…
Negative self-talk creates negative internal images.
Pay more attention to the things
you appreciate about yourself.”
Dr. Jill Ammon-Wexler

“Amaze Yourself: Take a Quantum Leap
“Breathtaking, splendid, wondrous, sublime,
all those words describe you,
exactly as you are.
You are a work of art!
Enjoy your beauty!”
Amy Leigh Mercree

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...pLWM_OfvXY255K

MajestyJo 11-12-2015 10:23 AM

SYMPTOMS OF INNER PEACE

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...2tOGU3VnyC--7s

How would you rate your level of "Inner Peace"?
Enough to stay calm in a den of lions?
Enough to get through a good day?
Enough for the next five minutes,
so long as everybody leaves you alone?

You may need a good case of inner peace,
a disease that could leave you stress-free
and contented for years to come.
A chiropractor named Jeff Rockwell
composed a list he calls
"Symptoms of Inner Peace."
You may have already caught this disease!
See how many of these symptoms you exhibit:

A tendency to think and act
spontaneously rather than from
fears based on past experiences.

An unmistakable ability
to enjoy each moment.

A loss of interest in judging self.

A loss of interest in judging others.

A loss of interest in conflict.

A loss of interest in interpreting
the actions of others.

A loss of ability to worry
(this is a serious symptom).

Frequent,
overwhelming episodes of appreciation.

Contented feelings of connectedness
with others and nature.

Frequent attacks of smiling
through the eyes of the heart.

Increasing susceptibility to love
extended by others as well as
the uncontrollable urge to extend it.

An increasing tendency
to let things happen.

Inner peace is a communicable disease
that could possibly infect
your home or workplace.
You may already be showing signs of it
and quite possibly be passing it along to others!
Rockwell warns:
"If you have all or even most
of the above symptoms,
please be advised that your condition
of PEACE may be so far advanced
as to not be treatable."

Have you caught it?

MajestyJo 11-12-2015 11:02 PM

Quote:

I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly. As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend. I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed, or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante garde on my patio.. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy, to be extravagant.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging..

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 &70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love .... I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.

They, too, will get old.
I know I am sometimes forgetful.
But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face.

So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their
hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think. I don't question myself anymore.

I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become. I am not going to live forever,
but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day(if I feel like it).

MAY OUR FRIENDSHIP NEVER COME APART ESPECIALLY WHEN IT'S STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!

MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE A RAINBOW OF SMILES ON YOUR FACE AND IN YOUR HEART FOREVER AND EVER! FRIENDS FOREVER!

MajestyJo 12-16-2015 07:26 AM

Quote:

Are You Too Busy?

Psalm 107:9 - “He has satisfied the thirsty soul, and the hungry soul He has filled (NASB).”

I glanced at the gas gauge. “I’ll make it,” I reasoned. “Don’t have time to stop now.” An hour later the red warning light blinked on. “Uh-oh, really getting low,” I thought. “Probably should stop and get gas, but just don’t have time. I think I can make it to the next exit.”

But I did not make it to the next exit. The car sputtered and rolled to a stop. The tank was empty. No gas, no power, no go. “I wish I had heeded the warning light,” I muttered as I started the hike to the gas station I passed several miles before.

“In the busyness of our day and life, it may seem like a waste of time to slow down, to stop what we’re doing, and take [a] break. It is no more a waste of time than stopping to put gas in our car when the tank is almost empty.” These are the insightful words of Melody Beattie from her book, The Language of Letting Go.

God does not expect us to run our lives on empty. He promises to fill up our longing souls. We need time alone — and with Him.

Lord, I know my red warning light is flashing.

Help me slow down and fill up before I run out of inner strength.

Joan C. Webb
Busy is an addiction. It is the same as being a workaholic. Filling up our time, so we don`t have time to look at our stuff, forgetting that if you are too busy doing, you are missing out in today and blocking out your God, even if you are doing service for others. Our disease uses people, places and things to take ourselves out of our self, to look for something that will make us happy. Living my life through others, is not living, it is often putting up barriers and not accepting God`s plan for you. In order to heal, we need to go within and take time for ourselves, find ourselves, top ourselves up, before we give away empty words and play lip service to what we know, but haven`t always experienced.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/avatars-...bears/0235.gif

MajestyJo 12-16-2015 08:29 AM

This is a post I made last year. I need to remember my own words. So glad that this is one day at a time program, so I can practice, practice, practice.

MajestyJo 12-19-2015 07:15 PM

Today

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/v...Today/0052.gif

Today, I will go forward with love and gratitude, even if I don't feel like it.

When you step into love, you step out of fear. It's impossible to be in both at the same time. Try it. See for yourself.
-------------------------------------------------------

Today, I will let go of my fears about trusting myself. I am willing to make decisions, no matter what the outcome may be.

The past does not dictate the future. Be willing to make mistakes, and open to learning from them.
------------------------------------------------------

Received with thanks from Inspiration Plus