Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - March (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10749)

bluidkiti 03-22-2017 08:03 AM

March 22

Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. Matthew 24:35

Psalm 92:8 (NIV) But You, O God, are exalted forever.

Thought: The "bigness" of God puts things in perspective.

But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, "You are my God!" - Psalm 31:14

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

2 Peter 1:5-11
For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.
Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORDall the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORDand to seek him in his temple.

dwmoeller 03-22-2017 08:33 AM

God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." - Hebrews 13:5

Thought: However bleak the moment, God is there for you.

bluidkiti 03-23-2017 08:06 AM

March 23

Luke 6:37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts. Isaiah 26:8

Today’s Scripture: 1 Samuel 3:8-9 (NLT): So the LORD called a third time, and once more Samuel got up and went to Eli. “Here I am. Did you call me?” Then Eli realized it was the LORD who was calling the boy. So he said to Samuel, “Go and lie down again, and if someone calls again, say, ‘Speak, LORD, your servant is listening.’” So Samuel went back to bed.

Today’s Thought: God longs to speak to each one of us. However, sometimes we do not know when He is speaking just as Samuel did. However, the more you spend time with God, the easier it will become!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me learn to know Your voice. I am listening. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! ... For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen." —Romans 11:33-36

Buy the truth and do not sell it; get wisdom, discipline and understanding. — Proverbs 23:23

dwmoeller 03-23-2017 10:05 AM

An anxious heart weighs a man down; but a kind word cheers him up. Proverbs 12:25

Thought: Cheer others up today. Remind them of Jesus' love for us all.

bluidkiti 03-24-2017 07:17 AM

March 24

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." Ephesians 6:11

1 John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 1 John 5:11

Psalm 19:13 (NIV) Keep Your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me...

Thought: Struggling with something? Pray. Ask God for help.

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 5:8 (NLT): Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me stay alert and on my toes always. I do not want to succumb to any temptation the devil may throw my way. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Psalm 34:14 — Turn from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.

Rich and poor have this in common: The LORD is the Maker of them all. — Proverbs 22:2

Joel 2:12-13 12 “Even now,” declares the LORD, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.” 13 Rend your heart and not your garments. Return to the LORD your God, for he is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love, and he relents from sending calamity.

bluidkiti 03-25-2017 06:32 AM

March 25

Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Psalm 103:1

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

"Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;" Colossians 3:12

Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. - Romans 12:12

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 5:6-7 (NLT): So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to be mindful of others around me that do not know You. I ask that You open up a door for me to share the gospel with someone today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-26-2017 07:21 AM

March 26

Matthew 16:24 Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me? Psalm 56:3-4

The Lord will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. Psalm 121:7-8

Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3

bluidkiti 03-27-2017 07:21 AM

March 27

Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it." Mark 8:34-35

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Romans 10:17

Psalm 19:14 (NIV) May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Thought: What you say and what you think matters to God.

Seek the Lord while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. - Isaiah 55:6

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. —Romans 8:18

How much better to get wisdom than gold, to choose understanding rather than silver! — Proverbs 16:16

James 3:13-18
Two Kinds of Wisdom
Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth. Such “wisdom” does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, demonic. For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

Acts 3:19 Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord

dwmoeller 03-27-2017 03:08 PM

Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. - Hebrews 10:24

Thought: Let's encourage each other to do what is right.

bluidkiti 03-28-2017 07:14 AM

March 28

How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. Psalm 119:9

Mark 12:30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." 2 Timothy 2:15

If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. - Jeremiah 29:13

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. – Colossians 3:12-13

Today’s Scripture: Matthew 6:19-21 (NLT): Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.

Today’s Thought: In today’s society, different things are constantly pulling it us, work, family, bills and if there is time left give to God. This is opposite of how God intended it. Today, let’s put God first and see what He does in our lives!

Today’s Prayer: Dear Jesus, I praise Your name, for it is the Name above all others. I am going to make a conscious decision to make You my first priority today. I ask that you help me do this. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. —Romans 8:26-27

James 5:20 remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins.

dwmoeller 03-28-2017 03:15 PM

For the Word of God is living and active. - Hebrews 4:12

Thought: May God's Word be at work in your life!!

bluidkiti 03-29-2017 08:15 AM

March 29

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." James 4:7

Always be joyful.Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances... - 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Galatians 6:9

Today’s Scripture: Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NLT): “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.”

Today’s Thought: The King of the universe knows who you are. If that doesn’t excite you, what will? A few days ago we talked about trusting in the Lord. We can trust Him because He knows the ultimate plan for our lives!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for not only saving me but having a plan for my life. I ask that You help me walk in Your plan for my life today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

For this reason I kneel before the Father... I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. —Ephesians 3:16-17

dwmoeller 03-29-2017 08:48 AM

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. Ephesians 2: 8-9

Thought: God's grace makes all the difference

bluidkiti 03-30-2017 06:45 AM

March 30

Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." Matthew 11:29

“The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!” Mark 1:15

Romans 12:18 (NIV) If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Thought: Do your part. Be a peacemaker. That's God's plan for you.

Today’s Scripture: Matthew 22:37-39 (NLT): Jesus replied, “You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Today’s Thought: Jesus makes it very clear to love God with everything within you. He goes one step further though; He says to love your neighbor as well. The root word for neighbor is described as “anyone near you” in the Greek.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to show everyone the love of God that You have shown me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

2 Peter 3:18 — But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge — that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. —Ephesians 3:17-19

2 Timothy 1:8-14
So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.

What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

Psalm 118:14 The LORD is my strength and my defense ; he has become my salvation.

bluidkiti 03-30-2017 06:45 AM

March 30

Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

"Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." Matthew 11:29

“The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!” Mark 1:15

Romans 12:18 (NIV) If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Thought: Do your part. Be a peacemaker. That's God's plan for you.

Today’s Scripture: Matthew 22:37-39 (NLT): Jesus replied, “You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Today’s Thought: Jesus makes it very clear to love God with everything within you. He goes one step further though; He says to love your neighbor as well. The root word for neighbor is described as “anyone near you” in the Greek.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to show everyone the love of God that You have shown me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

2 Peter 3:18 — But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge — that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. —Ephesians 3:17-19

2 Timothy 1:8-14
So do not be ashamed of the testimony about our Lord or of me his prisoner. Rather, join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.

What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

Psalm 118:14 The LORD is my strength and my defense ; he has become my salvation.