Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Recovery Topics and Questions (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Control (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=676)

MajestyJo 09-01-2013 01:24 AM

Control

1 Attachment(s)
If you have to control it, it is already out of control!

Quote:

Need to let go of control?

"The world is not to be put in order; the world is order, incarnate. It is for us to harmonize with this order."

-- Henry Miller

Ego believes that it needs to protect us from external dangers. Through control and manipulation, it aims to keep us safe. This need of ego is based in fear.

If we hope to live in love, we must become acquainted with soul.
Experiencing soul brings a deep knowing that this is a loving universe.

Experiencing soul also builds faith. We learn to trust that we don’t have to run the show. And when we do this, we tap the source of true freedom and joy.

"It is not action or effort that we must surrender; it is self-will, and this is terribly difficult. You must do your best constantly, yet never allow yourself to become involved in whether things work out the way you want."

-- Eknath Easwaran

"True spiritual surrender responsibly opens itself to the unknown."

-- Stephen V. Doughty

===================

Recently, my son told me he was in control of his drug use. I can remember when I thought control was the solution. If I could control, people, place and things, everything would be just fine.

Ego is "Easing God Out." I didn't allow God into my life and tended to discount Him. When I am trying to control, it is already out of control. I end up trying to be my own Higher Power.

I use to get really upset when people didn't post on this site. Today, I am able to let go, and do what I need to do for my own recovery and sobriety (My site Soundness of Mind).

MajestyJo 09-01-2013 01:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

I had to surrender to win. I had to substitute the word control for powerlessness before I could understand the meaning of it. I thought I was in control, it was an illusion. Today, I turn it over to my Higher Power, when I surrendered, I was empowered to do what I needed to do for myself.

Surrender doesn't mean to give up. It means give over. Surrender was part of the honesty I needed to find in Step One, admitting I didn't know, made a mistake, willing to open my mind to new ideas and concepts. Just because I had done things for numerous years, didn't mean they were right. I found even in recovery, things in early recovery had to be revised and edited. Many times it was my lack of willingness to let go, I wanted to hang onto those strings, making them conditional, hidden, and many times restoring to denial and lack of willingness to let go.

My addiction was always wanting more, so in my recovery, I had to get honest, open my mind, and willing to change. More recovery, not more drugs, no more using other things to hide from what was truly happening in my life.

My control in today come from my Through my God, all things are possible. The second half of the first Step, my life is unmanageable when managed by me.

MajestyJo 09-01-2013 01:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

It is ironic, I never used to get 'high' or as what some people saw as 'high', although it could have been the fact that I was so depressed, it took a lot of using to get me up to where I got to a stage to really let go. I remember times when I was horrified because I saw myself losing control. There is no way I wanted to act or appear drunk, I just wanted the warm fuzzies, and it just took more and more to reach that feeling. The problem was, as my disease progressed, if I did find the feeling, I couldn't stop there, I still had to have more. It didn't matter what the drug was that brought me there or the drug that came along that I just had to have more. When one drug stopped working, I generally used it in a combo with something or someone else.
Control is an illusion.

MajestyJo 11-15-2013 11:08 AM

The Dolphin is the keeper of the sacred breath life, and teaches us how to release emotions. We can breathe (for me take the breathe down to where it needs to be) and breathe out, helping us to release stress, pain, worry, etc., it is a good way to connect with divine energy coming from the Great Spirit.

Breathe and allow the life forces to rejuvenate you and let go of anything that blocks you for life's flow, let go of barriers that prevent you from connecting you to the Creator, the God of your understanding.

If you don't breathe in life's force, starving your body mind and spirit and not giving it the food it needs.

The Dolphin means manna according to Jamie Sams. I take that as life giving force, like the story in the New Testament, who God sent it from heaven to feed the people.

When we try to control, we are denying ourselves and blocking ourselves from God's Grace and we limit our God as to what He can do for us. When we only let certain things to enter our lives, the blessings, gifts, and clarity of inner knowing, enlightenment, and lessons in life may pass us by.

MajestyJo 12-15-2016 07:13 PM

Mentioned the idea of substituting the word control for powerless. We had 3 new comers at the meeting, one his first day back. What do you do when you have a newcomer? You share on Step One. My life is unmanageable when managed by me. When I think I am in control, then I am in deep doo doo. It is only through the God of my understanding that I am able to surrender my all to Him, and He empowers me to do what I need to do on a daily basis. Through Him, all things are possible. Without Him, I am spinning out of control and wondering why I am feeling that way, I have recovery you know!!! I don't have a lot of recovery if I don't remember to take my God with me each day. As we shared, we need to do the 1, 2, 3, Waltz each morning. I can't, my God can, just for today, I choose to let Him.

http://www.cutestpaw.com/wp-content/...2/Balbinka.jpg