Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - October (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1043)

bluidkiti 10-19-2013 09:07 AM

October 19

Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need. Proverbs 17:17

Romans 6:23 - 23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life inActs 10:43 Christ Jesus our Lord.

bluidkiti 10-20-2013 10:55 AM

October 20

Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, And uphold me by Your generous Spirit. Psalm 51:12

There are "friends" who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother. Proverbs 18:24

Acts 10:43 - 43 He is the one all the prophets testified about, saying that everyone who believes in him will have their sins forgiven through his name.

dwmoeller 10-21-2013 09:05 AM

You hear, O Lord, the desire of the afflicted, you encourage them, and you listen to their cry. Psalm 10:17

Thought: When I cry in distress, the Lord lifts my spirit.

bluidkiti 10-21-2013 10:44 AM

October 21

I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart.” Psalm 40:8

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. Romans 5:3

1 Corinthians 2:9 - 9 However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"

dwmoeller 10-22-2013 10:00 AM

As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease. - Genesis 8:22

Thought: Each day turns on the Lord. Depend on it.

bluidkiti 10-22-2013 10:46 AM

October 22

A man has joy by the answer of his mouth, And a word spoken in due season, how good it is! Proverbs 15:23

And since we have been made right in God's sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God's condemnation. Romans 5:9

Psalm 69:30 - 30 Then I will praise God’s name with singing, and I will honor him with thanksgiving.

bluidkiti 10-23-2013 09:46 AM

October 23

Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2

Yes, Adam's one sin brings condemnation for everyone, but Christ's one act of righteousness brings a right relationship with God and new life for everyone. Romans 5:18

Colossians 3:12 - 12 Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

dwmoeller 10-23-2013 10:10 AM

We live by faith, not by sight. - 2 Corinthians 5:7

Thought: The gospel gives eyes to the soul.

dwmoeller 10-24-2013 09:52 AM

Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing praise to His name, for that is pleasant. - Psalm 135:3

Thought: God for you! Good for you!

bluidkiti 10-24-2013 10:29 AM

October 24

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. Proverbs 9:10

God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

Jeremiah 29:11 - 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

dwmoeller 10-25-2013 10:38 AM

Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. Psalm 145:3

Thought: Imagine the greatest wonder...God is greater!

bluidkiti 10-25-2013 12:08 PM

October 25

speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Ephesians 5:19-20

I correct and discipline everyone I love. So be diligent and turn from your indifference. Revelation 3:19

2 Peter 3:14 - 14 And so, dear friends, while you are waiting for these things to happen, make every effort to be found living peaceful lives that are pure and blameless in his sight.

bluidkiti 10-26-2013 11:20 AM

October 26

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

I used to wander off until you disciplined me; but now I closely follow your word. Psalm 119:67

Psalm 22:24 - 24 For he has not ignored or belittled the suffering of the needy. He has not turned his back on them, but has listened to their cries for help.

bluidkiti 10-27-2013 11:15 AM

October 27

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28

1 John 5:18 - 18 We know that God’s children do not make a practice of sinning, for God’s Son holds them securely, and the evil one cannot touch them.

bluidkiti 10-28-2013 11:24 AM

October 28

because “All flesh is as grass, And all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, And its flower falls away, But the word of the Lord endures forever.” Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you. 1 Peter 1:24-25

And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him Hebrews 11:6

1 Peter 4:1 - 1 So then, since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourselves with the same attitude he had, and be ready to suffer, too. For if you have suffered physically for Christ, you have finished with sin.